FC Dallas waives Ricardo Villar and James MarcelinJanuary 23, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - FC Dallas
Villar, 33, saw time in nine matches last season. The attacking midfielder began the 2012 season by scoring two goals in a span of three matches before suffering an injury that kept him out for three months. After returning to the lineup, Villar played in two matches in July and two more in October. Since signing with FC Dallas on Feb. 7, 2011, Villar played in 29 matches, scoring two goals and adding two assists.
Marcelin, 26, joined FC Dallas on May 4, 2012. The defensive midfielder played in 16 games for FC Dallas last season. Born in Saint-Marc, Haiti, Marcelin joined the Portland Timbers in 2010 and was with the club for its transition to Major League Soccer in 2011. In 2007 and 2009, Marcelin joined the Haitian National Team for the Gold Cup and played the full 90 for his home country against the U.S. Virgin Islands on Sept. 2, 2011.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 23, 2013
- Revs pursue USL PRO affiliation under new partnership - New England Revolution
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls Terminate Contract For Defender Wilman Conde - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas waives Ricardo Villar and James Marcelin - FC Dallas
- Academy Update: 2013 D.C. United Training Program open for registration - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake President Bill Manning Named Major League Soccer Executive of the Year - Real Salt Lake
- College student season ticket packages on sale now - New England Revolution
- MLS and USL PRO Announce Groundbreaking Partnership - MLS
- Sporting KC enters into affiliation with Orlando City SC - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS and USL Pro Announce Groundbreaking Partnership - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Add Trio - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Red Bull Arena Named CONCACAF Gold Cup Venue - New York Red Bulls
- Weekly Update: Red Bulls Begin Preseason Camp In Florida This Week - New York Red Bulls
- Rio Tinto Stadium to Serve as Host for 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Real Salt Lake
- CONCACAF Announces 2013 Gold Cup Host Cities and Venues - Portland Timbers
- CONCACAF Announces 2013 Gold Cup Host Cities and Venues - Houston Dynamo
- Crew Soccer Foundation Unveils Inaugural Kirk Urso Memorial Match - Columbus Crew SC
- Preseason Notebook: Supplemental Draft Offers Depth - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.