Weekly Update: Rapids to Present Serna TodayJanuary 21, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Colorado Rapids
PRESEASON CONTINUES THIS WEEK IN COLORADO: With the Rapids hitting the field for two-a-days starting on Monday, preseason has begun in earnest for the Colorado club. The team trains on the turf at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City all week before traveling to Arizona on Sunday for a series of preseason exhibition matches.
RAPIDS TO APPEAR ON "INSIDE THE SUPERDRAFT" WEB SERIES: The Rapids added three strong pieces to their preseason roster following last week's MLS SuperDraft in Indianapolis, taking dynamic forward Deshorn Brown with the 6th overall pick and box-to-box midfielder Dillon Powers at #11, followed by defender Kory Kindle at #25 overall, who had been projected as a mid-first round talent. The story of how the Rapids prepared and completed such a strong SuperDraft will be chronicled on the MLSsoccer.com web series "Inside the SuperDraft," with episodes starting this week. A 30-second preview of the series is available now at MLSsoccer.com and YouTube, and for more information on the three players, visit www.ColoradoRapids.com .
SEASON TICKETS AND 5-GAME PACKS AVAILABLE AS RAPIDS OPEN HOME SCHEDULE ON MARCH 9: The Rapids' full 2013 schedule has been released, with the team kicking off on March 2 at FC Dallas before the home opener on Saturday, March 9 against the Philadelphia Union. Season Ticket packages are available for purchase now by clicking here, and a special adidas 5-Game Pack can also be purchased, where fans get to select the any five matches to attend.
USA TO FACE COSTA RICA IN WORLD CUP QUALIFIER AT DICK'S SPORTING GOODS PARK ON MARCH 22: U.S. Soccer announced last Tuesday that the United States Men's National Team will play its March 22 World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. The match is set for 8 p.m. MT, with ticket information to be announced in the near future. "We are really excited to play our first home qualifying match at Dick's Sporting Goods Park," said U.S. head coach Jurgen Klinsmann. "Winning games at home in World Cup Qualifying is crucial, and we really are expecting the fans in Colorado to bring us a huge home-field advantage."
PRESEASON SCHEDULE INCLUDES MATCHES IN TUCSON AND LAS VEGAS: The Rapids have already scheduled four pre-season matches in January and February, participating in the The Desert Friendlies presented by FC Tucson and the Las Vegas ProSoccer Challenge . The team is still expected to add preseason matches in the coming weeks as the Rapids prepare for their season opener on March 2 at FC Dallas.
COLORADO RAPIDS - PRESEASON MATCHES 2013
DAY DATE OPPONENT (LOCATION) RESULT/TIME
Tue Jan 29 Portland Timbers (Tucson, AZ)# 11:00 a.m. MT
Thu Jan 31 Houston Dynamo (Tucson, AZ)# 6:00 p.m. MT
Sat Feb 2 San Jose Earthquakes (Tucson, AZ)# 11:00 a.m. MT
Fri Feb 15 Chivas USA (Las Vegas, NV)& 8:30 p.m. MT (7:30 PT)
#Desert Friendlies presented by FC Tucson
&2013 Las Vegas ProSoccer Challenge
Major League Soccer Stories from January 21, 2013
- Colin Clark Excited to Get His LA Galaxy Career Underway - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Galaxy return to the practice field as preseason begins - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Midfielder Barry Robson Moves On - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Claret-and-Cobalt Heads to Casa Grande, Ariz. for Start of Preseason Training - Real Salt Lake
- Arne Friedrich Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire
- Three Chicago Fire Midfielders Return to Fold in 2013 - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Sign Forward Jose Valencia to Multi-Year Contract - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Sign Defender Ryan Miller - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update: Rapids to Present Serna Today - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Begin 2013 Preseason Camp in Ave Maria, Florida - Chicago Fire
- Montero Loaned to Colombia's Millonarios - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Signs John Thorrington - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.