Midfielder Barry Robson Moves On
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that the club has parted ways with midfielder Barry Robson. The club and player have mutually agreed to terminate the contract.
"We are thankful for the contributions Barry made during his time with the club. Unfortunately Barry and his family never fully settled in Vancouver, and we've mutually decided to move in different directions," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi. "On behalf of the club, I wish Barry the very best in the next stage of his career."
Robson, 34, joined Whitecaps FC last June after two-and-a-half seasons with English League Championship side Middlesbrough FC. The native of Inverurie, Scotland, scored three goals in 18 appearances for Vancouver.
"Thank you to my teammates, coaches, staff, fans, and media for making my experience in Vancouver enjoyable," said Robson. "I am now looking forward to returning home and beginning the next chapter in my career."
Whitecaps FC 2013 MLS season tickets start at $349, plus applicable tax and a $10 processing fee per order. To secure a seat and for additional information about Whitecaps FC season tickets, including Pitchside Club and suites, call 604.669.9283 or visit whitecapsfc.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 21, 2013
- Colin Clark Excited to Get His LA Galaxy Career Underway - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Galaxy return to the practice field as preseason begins - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Midfielder Barry Robson Moves On - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Claret-and-Cobalt Heads to Casa Grande, Ariz. for Start of Preseason Training - Real Salt Lake
- Arne Friedrich Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire
- Three Chicago Fire Midfielders Return to Fold in 2013 - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Sign Forward Jose Valencia to Multi-Year Contract - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Sign Defender Ryan Miller - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update: Rapids to Present Serna Today - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Begin 2013 Preseason Camp in Ave Maria, Florida - Chicago Fire
- Montero Loaned to Colombia's Millonarios - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Signs John Thorrington - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for Saturday's Home Match against LA Galaxy
- 2018 SuperDraft Pick Cory Brown Signs with USL Affiliate Fresno FC
- Whitecaps FC Appeal to Review Kendall Waston Red Card Versus Atlanta
- Marcel De Jong Named Jeans Day Ambassador for 2018
- 'Caps fight hard, but can't overcome controversial early red card in first visit to Atlanta