Rock Hand Roughnecks 13-11 SetbackJanuary 13, 2013 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Calgary Hitmen Press Release
Shawn Evans (3g, 2a), Curtis Dickson (2g, 3a) and Daryl Veltman (1g, 4a) led Calgary's offensive attack with five points each, while rookie Joe Resetarits scored his first career NLL goal and set up two others. Andrew McBride, Aaron Pascas, Geoff Snider and Jeff Shattler also found the back of the net in the loss.
Kasey Beirnes (3g, 2a) and Colin Doyle (5a) each recorded five points for Toronto, while Josh Sanderson (2g, 2a) and Garrett Billings (4a) posted four-point efforts in the win.
Mike Poulin made 35 saves in the Roughnecks net as Calgary outshot Toronto 56-48.
The Roughnecks next see action on Saturday, January 19 when Calgary hosts the Colorado Mammoth. Game time is 7 p.m. at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Single game day tickets are on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations and the Scotiabank Saddledome box office for as low as $34 for adults and $17 for children (plus GST and SFPFF). Order online at www.ticketmaster.ca or by phone at 1-855-985-5000.
Western Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2013
- Americans Defeat T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Lazar Scores Natural Hat Trick in 3-0 Shutout - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Royals Dump T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Pirates Sail Past Sound Tigers 6-3 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Giants Beat the Rockets 4-3 in Overtime - Vancouver Giants
- Royals Strike Down Thunderbirds - Victoria Royals
- Spokane Doubles up Kootenay 4-2 - Spokane Chiefs
- Rock Hand Roughnecks 13-11 Setback - Calgary Hitmen
- Winterhawks Win 14th Straight with 8-0 Victory in Everett Saturday - Portland Winterhawks
- Vancouver wins in OT - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.