Smith Recalled; Defenseman Added to RosterDecember 27, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Idaho Steelheads
Idaho (ECHL) and Texas (AHL) are the primary development affiliates of the NHL's Stars.
Ralph also announced that the Steelheads have added defenseman James Isaacs to the roster.
Smith, 24, leads the Steelheads and ranks sixth in the entire ECHL in goals with 16. It's the second time this month that the team's leading goal-scorer has been recalled to the American Hockey League, the highest level of minor-league hockey in North America. Kael Mouillierat was loaned to St. John's of the AHL on December 6. At the time of his recall, he led the team with 14 tallies.
Smith (Texas), Hubert Labrie (Texas), Patrick Cullity (Springfield) and Mouillierat (St. John's) are each player who have spent significant time with Idaho this season who are currently on American Hockey League rosters.
The 23-year-old Isaacs re-joins the Steelheads after spending training camp with the team. Isaacs appeared in both pre-season games for Idaho, collecting seven penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating, before being released. The Victoria, BC, native had been playing with the Mississippi Surge of the Southern Professional Hockey League, notching ten points (two goals, eight assists) in 17 games where he teamed with former Steelheads Corey Tamblyn and Tommy Lange. Isaacs also played in Mississippi last season where he was a member of the SPHL's All-Rookie team.
The Steelheads (18-7-4) are in action on the road this weekend at Bakersfield (Saturday) and Las Vegas (Sunday) to draw the curtain on the 2012 calendar year.
Idaho returns home on Friday, January 4, to host the Bakersfield Condors. Group nights are a great way to get family, friends, co-workers, and colleagues together at CenturyLink Arena at a discounted price. Groups can also include a Double-R Ranch hot dog, Tim's Cascade chips, and a small Pepsi. Contact the Steelheads front office at 208.383.0080 or log on to www.idahosteelheads.com for more information.
ECHL Stories from December 27, 2012
- Titans Top Royals in OT, 2-1, in Battle of ECHL's Hottest Teams - Trenton Titans
- Road Warriors Top Wheeling in Shootout - Greenville Road Warriors
- Nailers Earn Point in Seventh Straight Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears Win Second Straight with 2-1 Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jackals Survive Late Rally to Beat Cyclones 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Post 5-3 Win over Stingrays - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Jackals Whip Cyclones - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 27 - ECHL
- McNeely and Bishop Each Record Three Points in Loss to Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Acquire Forward Ryan Hayes from Trenton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Trenton-SC Agree on Trade for Ryan Hayes - Trenton Titans
- Titans GameDay V. Reading - December 27 (Game 29, Home 15) - Trenton Titans
- Condors vs. Stockton - Boomtown Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Delmas Named Reebok ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Trenton's DeSimone Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Smith Recalled; Defenseman Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears, Nap Ford Community School Partner for Book Drive - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Return Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Elmira - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wheeling's Delmas Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Royals Sign Forward Nikita Kashirsky - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades Tonight - December 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Missiaen Reassigned, Hince Released - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - December 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Visit Gladiators Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.