Roughnecks Announce Retirement of Kaleb TothDecember 20, 2012 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) Calgary Roughnecks
"It has been an honor for me to have played for the Calgary Roughnecks and in my hometown, but the time has come for me to announce my retirement from professional lacrosse," said Toth. "Over the years I have competed at the highest level that I was capable of, however over the last few days I have come to the realization that will no longer be possible. I would like thank the Roughnecks, my teammates, past and present, for their support and for the memories we will always share. I would especially like to thank my family for their continued support and look forward to spending time with my wife, son and daughter and my future endeavors."
"Kaleb has been an important part of the Roughnecks organization, on and off the floor, for 11 seasons," said Roughnecks General Manager Mike Board. "He is a three-time NLL champion. He has been a dominant figure on the floor and leads the Roughnecks in numerous all-time categories. He has been a consummate professional, a leader in the dressing room and in the community. For all those reasons and more, he is destined for the NLL Hall of Fame. As an organization we are proud to have had him wear the Roughnecks jersey and he will remain a Roughneck forever."
The native of Calgary, Alberta, has been an integral part of the Calgary Roughnecks since joining the organization in 2002. The four time NLL all-star (2002, 2004, 2005, 2006) holds almost every regular season offensive record for the Roughnecks franchise including most games played (160), goals (274), assists (354), points (628) and game-winning goals (15).
In addition to leading the Roughnecks to two National Lacrosse League Championships (2004 and 2009) and one with the Toronto Rock (2000), Toth has established the Roughnecks franchise record for playoff assists (34), power-play goals (8), loose balls (78) and is second in games played (16), goals (22) and points (56).
National Lacrosse League Stories from December 20, 2012
- Philadelphia Wings Finalize 23-Man Roster for 2013 - Philadelphia Wings
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Final 23-Man Roster for 2013 Season - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Reload for Title Defense - Rochester Knighthawks
- Philadelphia Wings Name Michael French President, Majority Owner - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock Make Final Roster Moves - Toronto Rock
- Mammoth Names 23-Man Roster - Colorado Mammoth
- Bandits Announce Final 23-Man Roster - Buffalo Bandits
- Roughnecks Announce Retirement of Kaleb Toth - Calgary Roughnecks
- Roughnecks Announce 2013 Roster - Calgary Roughnecks
- Stealth Bigger, Faster, Stronger with 2013 NLL Roster - Washington Stealth
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.