Bulter Ties Record, Devils Win 6-3December 12, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Albany Devils
Butler joins Matt Halischuk and David Clarkson as the only AHL Devils to produce five points in a game. Like Butler, Halischuk and Clarkson both registered four goals and an assist. Halischuk's performance came against Worcester on Oct. 11, 2008, while Clarkson's was against Philadelphia on Jan. 12, 2007.
Additionally, Butler notched the team's first hat trick since Joe Whitney potted three at Springfield on Jan. 21, 2012. Also, it was Albany's first four goal performance and hat trick at home since Chad Wiseman accomplished the feat on March 9, 2011 against Bridgeport.
Butler, who entered the night with a goal and three points in the previous three outings, scored at 17:42 of the first, 1:48 and 8:03 of the second - shorthanded - and at 5:35 of the third.
The win pulls the Devils to .500 for the first time this season with an 8-8-0-5 mark, while the Penguins go to 13-8-1-1.
Steve Zalewski, Harri Pesonen, Jacob Josefson and Whitney also registered multiple points. Zalewski had a goal and two assists, while Pesonen netted a goal and assisted on Zalewski's tally. Josefson and Whitney both had two assists.
In goal, Keith Kinkaid moved his winning streak to four games and he is now 5-5-3 on the season. He turned aside 24 shots.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton received goals from Riley Holzapfel, Brian Dumoulin and Jayson Megna. Between the pipes, Brad Theissen made 24 stops.
Holzapfel opened the scoring at 11:28 of the first and the Devils responded with three straight tallies. Butler evened the score, 1-1, and Pesonen gave Albany the lead from Josefson at 1:03 of the second.
Dumoulin's goal was sandwiched by Butler's second and third tallies and Megna pulled his team within one at 15:40 of the second.
In the third, the Devils put the game out of reach with goals from Zalewski at 2:59 and Butler at 5:35.
The Devils travel to the Connecticut Whale on Friday at 7 pm. Fans can follow the action on 104.5 "The Team" ESPN Radio or online at ahllive.com.
American Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2012
- Hamilton Bulldogs Recall Olivier Fortier - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Edge Senators 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Whale Hold off Sharks 2-1 - Connecticut Whale
- Bulter Ties Record, Devils Win 6-3 - Albany Devils
- Sharks Can't Solve Whale Again - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Fall to Crunch, 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Butler Helps Devils Cruise Past Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Dumped by Bears - St. John's IceCaps
- Holtby, Bears Blank IceCaps - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Weekly - Teddy Bear Time - Adirondack Phantoms
- IceCaps Hit 54 Straight Sellouts - St. John's IceCaps
- Toronto Splits Pair Of Divisional Games At Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Re-Sign Taylor Vause to Professional Tryout - Texas Stars
- Oilers Re-Assign Abney to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Comcast Network To Air Five Adirondack Phantoms Games - Adirondack Phantoms
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Whale Announce Roster Changes - Connecticut Whale
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Sam James from 'The Voice' to Perform at Worcester Sharks Game - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Americans - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.