Union Re-Acquires Forward Sebastien LeTouxDecember 6, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Philadelphia Union Press Release
"We are happy to welcome Sebastien back to the club," said Team Manager John Hackworth. "His determination and heart are a perfect fit for the mentality of this team."
A press conference to formally announce Le Toux will be held on Friday, December 7 10am, PPL Park Interview Room. Media can enter through Stadium Control.
Le Toux, 28, was originally acquired by the Union as the fourth overall pick from Seattle Sounders FC in the 2009 MLS Expansion Draft. In his two seasons in Philadelphia, the Frenchman led Philadelphia in goals in back-to-back seasons, and was instrumental in the club's 2011 MLS playoff run. In 62 total appearances (28 in 2010; 34 in 2011), he is the Union's all-time leading goalscorer with 25 goals and 20 assists, and is the only player to net a playoff goal, scoring in the first leg of the 2011 MLS Eastern Conference semifinals against Houston (Oct. 30).
Le Toux also collected MLS' Individual Fair Play award in back-to-back seasons, going three consecutive years without a carded infraction.
"In our hearts Sebastien has always been a Union player and his contributions on the field and in the community while he was in Philadelphia were invaluable. We are thrilled to welcome him back and look forward to having him rejoin the club," said CEO & operating partner Nick Sakiewicz.
On Jan. 31, LeToux was traded to Vancouver in exchange for allocation money. In his 19 appearances for the Whitecaps, Le Toux scored four goals and added an assist. On July 13, Vancouver traded Le Toux to New York in exchange for Jamaican international Dane Richards and allocation money. In nine appearances for New York, Le Toux scored just one goal and added an assist, but the goal arrived just 24 minutes into his Red Bulls debut, a 2-2 draw against Seattle.
Major League Soccer Stories from December 6, 2012
- Timbers Re-Sign Three, Exercise Options on Eight Players - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Acquire Josué Martinez and Allocation Money - New York Red Bulls
- Union Re-Acquires Forward Sebastien LeToux - Philadelphia Union
- FC Dallas Defender George John Undergoes Minor Ankle Procedure - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Indianapolis to Host 2013 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas on January 17 - MLS
- Chicago Fire Re-Sign Defender Gonzalo Segares - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Captain Pablo Mastroeni to Return in 2013 - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Announce 2013 Preseason Plans - Toronto FC
- BBVA Compass Stadium Earns LEED(r) Silver Certification - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.