Pats Fall to Red Deer 5-1December 5, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Regina Pats Press Release
The Rebels got on the board first when Tyson Ness fired a rocket of a shot from Rhyse Dieno that beat Pats goaltender Matt Hewitt blocker side at 15:45. Pats forward Adam Rossignol responded for the home team with a tip in goal from Braden Christoffer and Colby Williams four minutes after Ness' goal to even up the score 1-1. Kyle Burroughs prevented a potential goal on a Rebels two-on-one, but was called for hooking with 1:45 to go in the first. The opening frame concluded with the game tied 1-1.
Turner Elson broke the tie for the visitors when he centered the puck and Dieno deflected it behind Hewitt with 8:01 to go in the frame. Stephen Hak was called for holding at the 5:12 mark of the period, and Rebels playmaker Joel Hamilton put the visitors up 3-1 on the powerplay. In the final seconds of the period, the Pats' Colten Mayor collided with Rebels goaltender Patrik Bartosak. Mayor's collision resulted in a double minor for roughing and goaltender interference with four-seconds to go in the second. Rebels' Devan Fafard also received a minor for roughing on the play. The Rebels led the Pats 3-1 at the end of two periods.
Dieno increased the Rebels' lead after he was left alone in front of the Pats' goal and scored his second of the game from Elson at the 12:10 mark of the final period. Rebels' Mathew Dumba was called for roughing at 8:31 just before the T.V. timeout that put the Blue and White on a powerplay. Dumba's penalty was killed off by the visitors. With thirty seconds to go in regulation, Filip Vasko scored for the Rebels to put the game out of reach for the Blue and White and make the final 5-1 for the Rebels.
1. Rhyse Dieno - 2G, 1A
2. Turner Elson - 2A
3. Mat Dumba - 1A
Next Game: @ Saskatoon - Saturday, December 8th - 7:05 p.m. (CKRM)
Next Home Game: vs. Saskatoon - Sunday, December 9th - 2 p.m. (CKRM)
Western Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2012
- Pats Fall to Red Deer 5-1 - Regina Pats
- Cougars Captain Brock Hirsche Announces Retirement from WHL - Prince George Cougars
- Tigers Donate $5000.00 in Scholarships to 40th Hockey Hound Bantam Tournament - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Blazers Name Willick as Captain - Kamloops Blazers
- Trevor Linden Returns to Medicine Hat this Weekend - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Broncos Call up Gawdin - Swift Current Broncos
- Teddy Bear Night Saturday, December 8th - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Jordan Eberle Honoured Tonight - Regina Pats
- Pats vs Red Deer Rebels Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
- Silvertips Lose Heartbreaker in Portland - Everett Silvertips
- Blazers Down Broncos 2-1 - Kamloops Blazers
- Brendan Leipsic Nets Four Goals in 7-5 Winterhawks Win over Everett - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.