Reign Beat Solar Bears 6-2November 29, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Ontario Reign
After 11:50 of scoreless hockey, Kyle Clifford stretched the mesh to make it 1-0 as the Kings winger tipped Chris Huxley's point shot past Solar Bears netminder Hannu Toivonen. Ontario jumped out to a 3-0 lead on a pair of power-play goals by Colton Yellow Horn, his 10th and 11th of the season. The first came at 13:35 as Yellow Horn took a cross-ice feed from Kyle Kraemer at the base of the right circle and promptly fired a wrist shot. Yellow Horn lit the lamp again at 19:40 from nearly the identical position at the base of the circle with a laser of a snap shot. On the ensuing faceoff, Orlando crashed the net and C.J. Severyn cut Ontario's lead to 3-1with just over two ticks on the clock.
The Reign outshot the Solar Bears 11-1 in the second frame. Orlando almost escaped without allowing a goal, but with just 10 seconds left, Kyle Kraemer extended the Ontario lead to 4-1. The wily winger fought off a defender as he skated out of the corner to the top of the left circle and ripped a shot into the top of the net.
A slash by Yellow Horn on Rob Mignardi led to a long delay as several fights broke out, leading to 32 minutes in penalties and a Solar Bears power play. Orlando wasted no time as Nick Petersen scored 31 seconds into the man advantage. But Orlando couldn't stop the Reign as Dan DaSilva set Yellow Horn up on a breakaway which he buried to register the third Ontario hat trick in five games. It was his 12th marker of the season. Mario Lamoureux redirected Paul Mara's blast over Toivonen's glove at 14:24 and the Reign went on to win 6-2.
JP Berube stopped 16 of the 18 shots he faced on the way to his fifth win of the season. Toivonen made 25 saves on 31 shots in the loss. Kraemer's assist in the first period was his 109th point in a Reign sweater which pushed him past former Reign blueliner David Walker as the all-time Reign points leader. His second-period tally increased his points total to 110.
1. ONT - Colton Yellow Horn
2. ONT - Kyle Kraemer
3. ONT - Dan DaSilva
The Reign have eight more games on the home stand which continues this Friday, Nov. 30 with a 7 p.m. game against the Stockton Thunder. Help the team celebrate Phil Merriam Night! As an early bird renewal prize, Phil Merriam won a night to call his own. Look for more of Phil throughout the game.
Everyone in attendance at Friday's game will receive five free boneless wings at Hooters located at 725 North Milliken, Ontario, CA 91764 when they bring in their ticket stub to the restaurant within the 24 hours after the game. Offer is good one per table and not valid with any other offer. There's also a Hooters pre-game rally from 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. The Reign ice girls and mascot will be there to hand out prizes.
Want to get your picture with the Stanley Cup? Saturday night's game against the Alaska Aces is your chance! The Cup will be on display at Citizens Business Bank Arena when doors open at 5 p.m. through the end of the game. A special season ticket holder showing starts at 4 p.m. (this is for full season ticket holders only) Puck drops at 6 p.m.
Saturday's game is also Canadian Heritage night! Call Robert Renner at (909) 204-5506 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how to save on tickets for this game.
Patriots Hockey will play a post-game charity match Saturday. Patriots Hockey is a Southern California ice hockey team comprised of all active duty, reserve, retired and veterans of the military. The team was assembled to use their love for the game as a means of giving back and paying forward to the military community.
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2012
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Nailers Host Penguins Ice Crew and Iceberg Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Baldwin Returns to Orlando - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones, Admirals Swap Goaltenders - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Condors Sign Familiar Face Liam Huculak - Bakersfield Condors
- Sutton to Present Hockey Hall of Fame Display at 2013 ECHL All-Star Skills Competition - ECHL
- ECHL Releases Updated to Mobile App - ECHL
- Joey Sides Recalled to IceCaps - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Today - November 29 - ECHL
- Reign Beat Solar Bears 6-2 - Ontario Reign
- Home winning streak comes to an end as Thunder blitzed by Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Orlando Falls 6-2 to Reign - Orlando Solar Bears
- Aces Blow by Thunder 6-2 - Alaska Aces
- Titans Rally Falls Just Short; Drop 3-2 Decision in Wheeling - Trenton Titans
- Late Marker Lifts Idaho Past Colorado, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Suffer Another 1-Goal Loss on the Road - Colorado Eagles
- Nailers Power Past Titans 3-2 - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.