Komets Announce Player Moves; Guentzel Recalled to Norfolk; Three Forwards Sent to KometsNovember 28, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Fort Wayne Komets
Guentzel appeared in three games with the Komets last week, scoring his first pro goal and adding three assists for a four-point visit with Fort Wayne.
Caputi, 24, has five assists and six points in 10 games this season with Norfolk. The left winger split time last season with Toronto and Syracuse totaling 12 goals and 25 points in 60 AHL games. The fifth-year pro has skated stints with Norfolk, Syracuse, Toronto and Ontario for totals of 55 goals and 128 points in 203 career AHL games. Caputi has also appeared in 35 career NHL games between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Pittsburgh Penguins scoring three goals and nine points. Caputi was signed to an AHL Standard Player's Contract by Norfolk Sept. 21. He was Pittsburgh's fourth-round choice in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Klotz, who turns 24 today, has appeared in two games with Norfolk this season registering two penalty minutes. The left wing skated 33 games with Adirondack last season scoring two goals and four points while accumulating 26 penalty minutes. Klotz set career highs while a member of the Bloomington PrairieThunder in 2010-11 scoring nine goals, 15 assists, 24 points and 129 penalty minutes in 49 CHL games. Besides Norfolk, the fifth-year pro has also appeared with Adirondack and Philadelphia scoring AHL totals of four goals and 11 points and 191 penalty minutes.
Lasch, 25, was signed by Anaheim to an NHL contract on May 31, 2012 and loaned to Norfolk in September. The Lake Forest, California native made his North American pro debut with the Admirals Oct. 12 following two seasons of pro hockey in Europe and posted a goal and four points in 11 Norfolk games to date. Last season the center won the Finnish Elite League (SM-Liiga) scoring title while playing alongside former Komet Justin Hodgman. In 59 games with Lahti, Lasch scored 24 goals and 62 points during the 2011-12 regular season before leading all players in post season scoring with five goals and 16 points in 17 playoff games.
In additional player moves, the Komets announced that defenseman Ryan Hegarty is being removed from the injured reserve list and is expected to be in the lineup when the Komets skate at Gwinnett Wednesday. Also, forward Eric Giosa has been placed on the 21-day injured reserve list. Forward Mike Hoban and defenseman Colten Hayes have been placed on waivers.
The Komets skate two games at Gwinnett this week. The K's battle the Gladiators Wednesday at 7pm and again Friday at 7:30pm at The Arena at Gwinnett Center. Both games will be broadcast on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 92.3 and webcast at www.komets.com at Xfinity KometCast with Bob Chase calling the play-by-play. Next week the Komets will travel to Orlando for three games in three nights on Friday, Dec. 7, Saturday, Dec. 8 and Sunday, Dec. 9.
The next Komet home game is Wednesday, Dec. 12 when the Kalamazoo Wings return to the Memorial Coliseum for a 7:30pm faceoff.
Tickets for all Komet home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at TicketMaster.com. Komet season tickets are still on sale at the Komet office, 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. For more information visit www.komets.com or call the Komet office at 260-483-0011.
ECHL Stories from November 28, 2012
- Road Warriors Can't Solve Royals in Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Win Third Straight, Melt IceMen 4-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Fall to Komets 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Be Part of the Teddy Bear Toss Madness on Friday, December 7 - San Francisco Bulls
- K-Wings Add Ostergard - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - November 28 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Ontario Reign Tonight - November 28 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wranglers Return Home with Stanley Cup, Movember, Music Promotions - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Defenseman Tommy Cross Recalled to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Oklahoma City Barons Recall C Eric Hunter - Stockton Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Evansville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Making Final Push in "Movember" - Stockton Thunder
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Guentzel Recalled to Norfolk; Three Forwards Sent to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Komets Head South; Battle Gladiators at Gwinnett Wednesday and Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Week to Hit the Web in December - ECHL
- Tonight Only - 25% off All Merchandise - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Titans to Recognize Hurricane Sandy Volunteers - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Today - November 28 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.