Oklahoma City Barons Recall C Eric Hunter
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League, announced the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League have recalled center Eric Hunter from the Thunder.
Oklahoma City is the AHL affiliate of the Thunder and Oilers.
Hunter, 26, has earned 12 points in 16 games with the Thunder this season and leads the team with a +11 rating. He has 78 games of AHL experience with the Lake Erie Monsters, scoring 16 points while totaling 36 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-1 and 194 pound forward was twice selected in the NHL Entry Draft, beginning with the Chicago Blackhawks in the eighth round (229th overall) in 2004 and with the New York Rangers in the sixth round (174th overall) in 2006.
Hunter was originally signed by the Thunder as a free agent on Aug. 30, 2012 and signed an AHL contract with Oklahoma City on Nov. 6.
The Thunder returns to play tonight at 7:00 p.m. (1280 KWSX/StocktonThunder.com) against the Alaska Aces at Stockton Arena.
A two time recipient of the ECHL "Award of Excellence," the Thunder led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew over 200,000 fans for the seventh consecutive season in 2011-12. Season Tickets, Group Tickets and Mini-Plans for 2012-13 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.StocktonThunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 28, 2012
- Road Warriors Can't Solve Royals in Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Win Third Straight, Melt IceMen 4-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Fall to Komets 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Be Part of the Teddy Bear Toss Madness on Friday, December 7 - San Francisco Bulls
- K-Wings Add Ostergard - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - November 28 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Ontario Reign Tonight - November 28 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wranglers Return Home with Stanley Cup, Movember, Music Promotions - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Defenseman Tommy Cross Recalled to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Oklahoma City Barons Recall C Eric Hunter - Stockton Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Evansville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Making Final Push in "Movember" - Stockton Thunder
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Guentzel Recalled to Norfolk; Three Forwards Sent to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Komets Head South; Battle Gladiators at Gwinnett Wednesday and Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Week to Hit the Web in December - ECHL
- Tonight Only - 25% off All Merchandise - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Titans to Recognize Hurricane Sandy Volunteers - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Today - November 28 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls