Pats vs Lethbridge Gameday PreviewNovember 10, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Regina Pats
Saturday, November 10th
Puck Drop: 7:00 p.m.
Regina Pats (8-12-1-0) Lethbridge Hurricanes (12-7-1-1)
Tonight marks the second meeting of the season between the Pats and Hurricanes and Lethbridge's first visit to the Brandt Centre. In the previous meeting between these two teams, Lethbridge came out on top with a convincing 6-1 victory over Regina. Colten Mayor scored the Pats lone goal of the contest while Jamal Watson had a pair for the Hurricanes. Tonight's game can be heard on 620 CKRM starting with the Press Box Sports Bar Pre-Game Show at 6:35 p.m. The game will also be televised on Access 7.
Military Appreciation Night
The Pats have a unique relationship with the Canadian Armed Forces and would like you to join us tonight as we honour the brave men and women in uniform who protect our country in a special pre-game ceremony.
Lead Up: Pats Downed 6-3 by Saskatoon
It was a wild game to say the least. After the Pats opened the scoring, the Blades jumped out with five unanswered goals, including three on the powerplay to take a 5-1 lead heading to the third. After a three-fight melee broke out early in the third, the Pats capitalized on two powerplays to get back in the game. The Blue and White would only get within two as Saskatoon sealed the game with an empty netter. Morgan Klimchuk scored both Pat powerplay goals.
Hewitt Consistently Stellar
Matt Hewitt has been a rock for the Pats in goal this season. Last time out against the "Canes, Hewitt made 33 saves on 35 shots in just two periods of work. On the season, Hewitt is tied for fourth in save percentage (920), seventh in saves (469) and thirteenth in goals against average (2.83).
Morgan Klimchuk became the first Pat to surpass the 10 goal mark with two against Saskatoon. He has points in his last three games. Lane Scheidl had a pair of assists and has points in three straight as well, five in his last two games. Defenceman Luke Fenske is chipping in too, showing up on the scoresheet in the last three games.
- The next time Jack Rodewald hits the ice, it will be his 90th WHL game
- The Pats are tied for sixth in the WHL with 11 powerplay goals on home ice
- The Pats are one of the only two teams in the league who have yet to allow a shorthanded goal
- A lucky fan at tonight's game will have the chance to "Shoot for a Car" courtesy of Homes by Dundee and Capital Ford
Redeem your Pats game day ticket from tonight's game at the Brandt Centre Box Office for a FREE ticket to the CCA Finals Rodeo at Canadian Western Agribition Tuesday, Nov 20th. Offer valid in both the Titanium Tough and Thrills "n Spills locations. This offer is proudly brought to you by the Regina Pats and Canadian Western Agribition.
at Vancouver - Friday Nov. 16th, 9 p.m. CST - Pacific Coliseum (CKRM/Sportsnet)
at Victoria - Saturday Nov. 17th, 9:05 p.m. CST - Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre (CKRM)
at Prince George - Tuesday Nov. 20th, 9 p.m. CST - CN Centre (CKRM)
Western Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2012
- Pats win third straight at home - Regina Pats
- T-Birds Slice up Blades - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Pats vs Lethbridge Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
- Portland Beats Vancouver 9-5 - Vancouver Giants
- Winterhawks Win 10th Straight with 9-5 Victory in Vancouver Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Everett Blanks Tri-City 3-0 - Tri-City Americans
- Blazers Lose 5-2 to Chiefs - Kamloops Blazers
- Lotz, Silvertips Shut out Americans - Everett Silvertips
- Oil Kings Take Round 1 in P.G. - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Kelowna defeats Red Deer - Kelowna Rockets
- Hitmen defeat Victoria Royals - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Dropped by Hitmen - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.