Portland Beats Vancouver 9-5
VANCOUVER, BC - The Vancouver Giants twice came back from 2-goal deficits, but ultimately lost 9-5 to the Portland Winterhawks in their first game home after a 5-game road trip.
Vancouver got the first goal of the game from Anthony Ast 3:51 into the game, but Portland tied the game less than two minutes later on a goal from Adam De Champlain. Portland closed off the first period with two goals from Taylor Peters and Brendan Leipsic.
The Giants started the second period with two quick goals from Trevor Cheek to tie the game at 3 but Portland came back with two goals, just over 10 seconds apart, to regain their two goal lead.
Vancouver tied the game at 5 early in the 3rd with goals from Marek Tvrdon and Carter Popoff before the Winterhawks put it away with 4 straight goals.
Nick Petan had 2 goals and 2 assists for Portland who outshot Vancouver 51-20.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2012
- Pats win third straight at home - Regina Pats
- T-Birds Slice up Blades - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Pats vs Lethbridge Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
- Portland Beats Vancouver 9-5 - Vancouver Giants
- Winterhawks Win 10th Straight with 9-5 Victory in Vancouver Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Everett Blanks Tri-City 3-0 - Tri-City Americans
- Blazers Lose 5-2 to Chiefs - Kamloops Blazers
- Lotz, Silvertips Shut out Americans - Everett Silvertips
- Oil Kings Take Round 1 in P.G. - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Kelowna defeats Red Deer - Kelowna Rockets
- Hitmen defeat Victoria Royals - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Dropped by Hitmen - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.