25 Players Make the Trip to ItalyNovember 2, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Montreal Impact
Goalkeepers Evan Bush and Troy Perkins, defenders Jeb Brovsky, Hassoun Camara, Matteo Ferrari, Dennis Iapichino, Alessandro Nesta, Karl W. Ouimette and Zarek Valentin, midfielders Bryan Arguez, Davy Arnaud, Patrice Bernier, Calum Mallace, Justin Mapp, Lamar Neagle, Sanna Nyassi, Sinisa Ubiparipovic and Collen Warner, as well as forwards Marco Di Vaio and Andrew Wenger.
Five players from the Impact U21 team will also accompany the pros in Europe. Goalkeeper Maxime Crepeau, defender Maxim Tissot, midfielders Wandrille Lefevre and Zakaria Messoudi, along with forward Mircea Ilcu will travel with the team.
Defender Nelson Rivas will also make the trip in order to continue treatment on his left knee, while midfielder Felipe will not travel due to his operation in mid-October for a sports hernia.
Defenders Shavar Thomas and Josh Gardner, as well as forward Evan James, were not included in the list for the Italy tour. Therefore, they will not be returning to the team for the 2013 season. Thomas and Gardner will both be eligible for the next MLS Re-entry Draft.
In Italy, the Impact will play two games versus Serie A opponents (first division). The team will face off against Bologna FC on November 8, Stadio Renato Dall'Ara, and then versus Fiorentina, November 15 at Stadio Artemio Franchi.
Major League Soccer Stories from November 2, 2012
- Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Update - Colorado Rapids
- 2013 Season Tickets Go on Sale to the General Public Monday - Montreal Impact
- 25 Players Make the Trip to Italy - Montreal Impact
- Vancouver eliminated from 2012 MLS Cup Playoffs - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Galaxy Defeat Vancouver 2-1 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes to Face LA Galaxy in Western Conference Semifinal - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.