K-Wings To Meet Walleye In Preseason ClashSeptember 27, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Kalamazoo Wings
For just the second-time in the K-Wings 39-year history, the K-Wings will play a home game outside of Wings Stadium when they host the Toledo Walleye on Friday, October 5th at Wings West in the first of two preseason clashes. Face-off between the rivals will commence at 7:30 p.m.
The contest will be held on the Borgess Rink at Wings West, which is located on 5076 Sports Drive off of 9th Street in Kalamazoo.
Tickets for the game will be $5 general admission and only available at the door. Fans can also watch the game from Old Burdick's Wings West for an additional charge of $5. All K-Wings season ticket holders will receive a FREE ticket to the October 5th matchup; however, any season ticket holder that wishes to watch the game from Old Burdick's will have a cost of $5.
The game was moved to Wings West last week after Stadium Management Co. announced plans for a two-million dollar renovation to Wings Stadium, which will be completed in time for the K-Wings home opener on Friday, October 19th versus long-time rival, the Fort Wayne Komets.
Kalamazoo will conclude the preseason on the road the following night against Toledo on Saturday, October 6th with a 9 p.m. encounter at the Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio.
K-Wings season-ticket holders looking to get their hockey fix this weekend can watch the Jr. K-Wings home opener for FREE, as the Jr. K-Wings play the Port Huron Fighting Falcons this Sunday, September 30th at 2 p.m. at Wings West.
Similar to last season, all K-Wings season-ticket holders will receive FREE admission to all Jr. K-Wings home games. Since VIP cards haven't been issued, season-ticket holders can use any other form of ID to get into the contest.
Single-game and season tickets for the upcoming 2012-2013 season are on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office. Ticket Office hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday's. To charge tickets by phone, please call Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000.
ECHL Stories from September 27, 2012
- Aces Add NHL Prospect Wrenn, Sign Syvret - Alaska Aces
- Ontario Re-Signs Leading Forwards to 2012-13 Roster - Ontario Reign
- K-Wings To Meet Walleye In Preseason Clash - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sign Three More - Kalamazoo Wings
- Aces 2012 Training Camp Begins Friday with Open Practice - Alaska Aces
- NHL Preseason Game at Germain Arena Cancelled - Florida Everblades
- Playoff Format, Reserve List Approved by Board of Governors - ECHL
- Budweiser Events Center Gets Upgrade with New & Improved Dasher Board & Glass System - Colorado Eagles
- Individual Tickets Go on Sale October 5th at 10 a.m. - Greenville Road Warriors
- Idaho Inks Goaltender - Idaho Steelheads
- Chorneyko & Baker Returning to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Thunder Individual Tickets On Sale Friday, September 28 - Stockton Thunder
- Fans to Help Decide Colorado Eagles' All-Decade Team - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies, All New 1320 KFAN Announce Broadcast Package - Utah Grizzlies
- Celebrate the Fall Season with the Walleye at Farmer Charley's Corn Maze Adventures - Toledo Walleye
- Paco Lopez Named Solar Bears PA Announcer - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.