Diablos Lose Lead In Ninth But Prevail In Extras On Valenzuela's SingleAugust 12, 2012 - American Association (AA) El Paso Diablos
The Diablos had held a 6-4 lead into the ninth but Marcel Prado could not convert the save. After Sioux City had pulled to within one, Peter Barrows hit a two-out solo home run to tie the score at six all.
The Diablos stranded a runner in the bottom of the ninth before eventually winning the next frame.
The Explorers' ninth inning rally wasted a good start from Ramon Garcia, who pitched into the seventh inning and allowed only three runs. Garcia struck out five and walked just one and left with a chance to pick up his second victory.
The Diablos built their lead on timely hitting and a pair of home runs. J.J. Muse and Jermy Acey each hit their first long ball of the year, with Muse's coming as part of a four-run second inning.
Ronny Morla (2-0) picked up the victory with a perfect top half of the tenth.
The Diablos will go for the sweep on Sunday behind Scott Hodsdon. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. (MST).
American Association Stories from August 12, 2012
- Hodsdon Authors Third Complete Game As Diablos Sweep Sioux City - El Paso Diablos
- Abercrombie's Two Homers Carry Pheasants Past Fargo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Win Streak Snapped in 3-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- McMurray Homers, Bullpen Unhittable in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Drop Series Finale to Amarillo 5-4 - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Goldeyes Place Bailey on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Sign Auggie Catcher Adam Seaman - St. Paul Saints
- El Paso gets past the Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Diablos Lose Lead In Ninth But Prevail In Extras On Valenzuela's Single - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.