Colts Activate SherrillAugust 9, 2012 - North American League (NAL) San Angelo Colts
Sherrill had been inactive since August 2. The 13-year veteran went on the Inactive List to nurse injuries he sustained earlier in the season.
Sherrill is batting .354 with a home run and 16 RBIs in 47 games this year. His average is one of the highest in the United League.
Gaines goes on the Inactive List because of his football coaching responsibilities at Texas Leadership Charter Academy (TLCA) in San Angelo. He is unable to make the nine-day road trip, but will be re-activated when the Colts return home on August 18.
Gaines is also among the league leaders in average. He is hitting .350 with nine home runs and 33 RBIs in 64 games.
The Colts begin their eight-game road trip tonight with game one of a four-game series against the Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings in Harlingen. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m., and the game can be heard live on KKSA beginning at 6:50 p.m.
The Colts are a member of United League Baseball who are in their 13th season. Tickets are on sale now, and available at the Colts' front office at Foster Field.
North American League Stories from August 9, 2012
- Cats Pull Away in Abilene - Fort Worth Cats
- Colts Lose Series Opener to WhiteWings - San Angelo Colts
- WhiteWings defeat San Angelo - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Roadrunners Win Third Straight - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Cats Pull Away Late - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Dogs Expand Pitching Staff - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Jersey Auction Night Saturday - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Colts Activate Sherrill - San Angelo Colts
- Grapes Fall to San Rafael for Second Consecutive Night - San Rafael Pacifics
- Tyler Pearson Pitches San Rafael Past Sonoma County Grapes - San Rafael Pacifics
- Colts Make Moves Before Road Trip - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.