Z's Win Series, Take Three of Four in TacomaAugust 8, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) New Orleans Zephyrs
The Rainiers Carlos Peguero drilled a first inning home run off of Brad Hand to give Tacoma a 2-0 lead.
Kevin Mattison drew a walk, Jeff Dominguez singled and Chris Coghlan smashed a three run home run in the third to give the Zephyrs a 3-2 lead.
Luke Montz belted a two run home run in the eighth inning to give the Z's a 5-2 lead. Hand pitched five innings and earned his ninth win of the season. He allowed 2 runs on 2 hits and walked five batters in five innings.
Hector Noesi pitched seven innings allowed three runs on six hits and suffered the loss. The Rainiers Nick Franklin homered in the bottom of the eighth inning to cut the deficit to 5-3. Jon Link pitched the ninth earning his third save in three games.
The Zephyrs finished the trip with a 4-4 record, dropping three of four in Salt Lake and winning three of four in Tacoma.
Game Notes - Luke Montz hit his 25th home run of the season, second most in the PCL. The Zephyrs will play 16 of the final 25 games at home. NOLA is 3 games back of first place Albuquerque. Z's catcher Rob Brantly extended his hit streak to six games.
Coming Up: The Zephyrs open a eight game home stand on Friday night. New Orleans will host Fresno at 7PM. RADIO: WMTI 106.1 FM "The Ticket" TV: CST
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 8, 2012
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale to Las Vegas 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Sacramento Blanks Sounds in Extras to Force Series Split - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats Silence Sounds on Walk-Off Hit-By-Pitch, 1-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Upended By New Orleans, 5-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Z's Win Series, Take Three of Four in Tacoma - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Omaha Falls 4-2 in Wednesday Matinee - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Reno Tenth Inning Takes Series - Iowa Cubs
- Aces Roll to 5-1 Win over Iowa in 10 Innings - Reno Aces
- Military Appreciation Night Events for Sunday, August 12 - Tucson Padres
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Las Vegas 51s - Round Rock Express
- Memphis Redbirds Kick off Elvis Week 2012 this Friday - Memphis Redbirds
- Aces Accepting 2013 Season-Ticket Deposits Now - Reno Aces
- Summer Fun Continues at Greer During Eight-Game Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Blanked By New Orleans, 2-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Zephyrs Shutdown Rainiers - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Score Winning Run in the Ninth for 5-4 Win in Sacramento - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats Drop Game Three to Sounds, 5-4 - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Swarm RedHawks, 10-3 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.