Big 4th Inning Leads Newark Past T-BonesAugust 7, 2012 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
Prior to the fourth, Kansas City starting pitcher Josh Rainwater (4-7) had faced the minimum and struck out five. But then came the big fourth for the Bears.
With one out, the Bears lined three straight singles to the outfield, followed by a three-run triple by Tucker Nathans. Ryde Rodriguez followed with an RBI single, and then scored on a two-run opposite field home run by James Roche which made it 6-1 Bears.
KC took the early lead against Newark right-hander Pedro Rivera (3-8) on a two-out RBI double off the top of the center field wall by Ray Sadler, but that's all they would get until the seventh inning. Sadler, who has nine hits in his last four games, finished Monday night's contest three for four with a double and one RBI.
Brandon Jones hit a two-run homer to right-center in the seventh, his 10th, narrowing the gap to 6-3. But, Newark scored one on a Glen Johnson home run in the seventh and four more in the eighth, and put the game out of reach.
The series-opening loss drops Kansas City to 41-35 overall as they get set for game two of the series on Tuesday night at 5:35 CT. The T-Bones send right-hander and Liberty, Mo. native Luke Irvine (2-1; 2.78 ERA) to the mound to counter Newark right-hander Mike Ness (7-2; 3.31). The game can be heard on 1660-AM or online at www.tbonesbaseball.com.
American Association Stories from August 7, 2012
- 'Cats Score Four in the Ninth in Comeback Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Anderson stifles RedHawks, Saints win 8-2 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Ness Shines as Newark Takes Game Two from T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Early Deficit Too Much for Wichita - Wichita Wingnuts
- Early Wood, Solid Relief Help 'Dogs to Victory - Lincoln Saltdogs
- It's Cool Hand Luke as Saints Snap RedHawks' 14 Game Home Win Streak with 8-2 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Rusch Completely Dominates against Pheasants - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Rusch's Gem Beats Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Sign Opsahl - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Big 4th Inning Leads Newark Past T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.