Lemurs Can't Pick Up SweepAugust 6, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
Jairo Perez led the way going 2-for-4 including a three-run triple in the third inning. John Kaplan and Andres Rodriguez also pitched in, as Kaplan had three hits and scored three runs with Rodriguez adding two RBI. Additionally, Chris McMurray's solo home-run in the eighth inning crushed any remaining hope in a Lemurs' comeback.
On the mound, Nick DeBarr continued his dominance over the Lemurs going 6.1 innings, giving up four runs, on six hits, while striking out eight batters. DeBarr has won all five of his starts against the Lemurs this season, surrendering an average of one point six runs per game.
Ryan Sasaki, the starting pitcher for the Lemurs did not fare as well giving up seven runs, on 10 hits, in six innings of work.
At the plate, Stephen Pearson hit a two-run triple in the fourth inning and Javier Brito hit a two-run jack in the sixth inning for the Lemurs. John Allen also made a solid contribution by hitting in three of his four plate appearances and scoring two runs.
The Lemurs site six and a half out in the American Association South Division, and seven-and-a-half games out of the wild card standings as they head to El Paso hoping to gain an advantage in both chases for a playoff spot.
The Lemurs will be on the road for an 11 game trip that will take them to Lincoln, Nebraska, Grand Prairie, Texas, and El Paso, Texas, for their longest trip of the year. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
American Association Stories from August 6, 2012
- Pheasants lose early lead, fall to Winnipeg in slugfest - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Increase Wild Card Lead with Wild Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Mackey Spectacular as 'Dogs Shutout Wingnuts - Lincoln Saltdogs
- DeBarr Helps AirHogs Break Losing Streak - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Can't Pick Up Sweep - Laredo Lemurs
- Lincoln Blanks Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Drop Pitchers Duel to RailCats 2-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Gulbransen Dominates Saints in 2-1 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Kyle Hurst, Son of Former Major Leaguer Bruce Hurst, Signs with Saints - St. Paul Saints
- Lowey Named Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Trade Coles, Acquire Former White Sox Farmhand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fish Swing Big Trade with RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Abercrombie Named League Batter of the Week - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goodwin Leads Way for T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.