Rainiers, Union Bank Hit a Home Run for Area YouthAugust 3, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
For every home run hit by a Rainiers player during home games played from July 12th-August 20th, Union Bank has pledged to donate $50 toward scholarships to the Boys and Girls Club baseball camp held at Cheney Stadium on Tuesday, August 21st.
The Rainiers have committed to matching the donation contributed by Union Bank and will give an equal amount dedicated to sponsoring underprivileged youth at this year's camp.
"Investing in the youth in our communities is a priority for Union Bank, and we are delighted to partner with the Tacoma Rainiers to further strengthen our relationship with Boys and Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound," said Maryetta Williams, Union Bank's SVP and Regional Manager for the bank's South Puget Sound branches. "We look forward to seeing you at Cheney Stadium and providing yet another reason to cheer for every home run hit by a Rainiers' player."
Along with lunch and a complimentary T-shirt, every participant at this year's baseball camp will be provided an opportunity to interact with and learn from some of the top players and premium prospects on the Rainiers. Campers will sit in on a team meeting with Tacoma manager Daren Brown before taking part in a variety of baseball drills. An autograph session will be held at the conclusion of the camp.
The following night, Wednesday, August 22nd, every participant at the camp and their families will be treated to a night out at the ballpark as the Rainiers host a 7:05 p.m. contest against the Las Vegas 51s.
For any additional information regarding this year's camp or to donate a scholarship for a camper, please contact Jinnie Hanson, Director of Marketing and Communications for the Boy and Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound, at (253) 502-4618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2012 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email email@example.com. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Round Rock wins 8-7 - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Fall 5-3; Five Game Win Streak Snapped - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Fall to Salt Lake - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Skaggs Dominant in 5-3 Aces' Victory - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Tucson 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Drop Seventh Straight - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 3, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Coleman Rejoins Iowa, Parker Rehabs with I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Aim to Beat the Heat with Hot Doggest Nights - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Tucson Padres - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Name LHP Brooks Raley Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers, Union Bank Hit a Home Run for Area Youth - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose to Fresno in Extras, 4-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Roughed Up By RedHawks, 7-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ely Resilient in 8-5 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cowgill Powers River Cats Past Redbirds, 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- RedHawks Snap Skid in 7-1 Victory - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Salt Lake rallies for win - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Sting Zephyrs, Snap Seven Game Win Streak - New Orleans Zephyrs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.