Lemurs Win Fifth StraightJuly 27, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
The Wingnuts started off the scoring in the first picking up a run, but the lead would be short lived as the Lemurs would grab two in the bottom of the second.
Stephen Pearson started the second getting hit by a pitch, he then stole second base. With two outs and a runner at second, Philip Incaviglia came to the plate and singled to drive home Pearson and tie the game at one. With Jimmy Mojica at the plate, Incaviglia stole second base, to get into scoring position. Mojica would then double to bring Incaviglia home and give the Lemurs a 2-1 lead after two.
The Wingnuts tied the game in the fifth with three straight hits to make it two all.
With the game tied at two the Lemurs would come up in the bottom of the seventh sending Philip Incaviglia would come to the plate with one out. Incaviglia singled, followed by a Jimmy Mojica double to put runners at second and third. Uriak Marquez followed with a single and two RBI to help the Lemurs take a 4-2 lead.
Bradly Blanks (2-1) earned the win in relief throwing two complete, giving up a hit, walking one, and striking out one.
Jared Simon (2-5) took the loss out of the pen for the Wingnuts, going two, giving up two runs, on three hits.
The Laredo Lemurs have won a season high five games in a row and have also won five straight at home.
The Lemurs will be home through July 29th. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
American Association Stories from July 27, 2012
- Lemurs Win Fifth Straight - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers shut out Lincoln 1-0 - Sioux City Explorers
- Suicide Squeeze Snaps Goldeyes' Skid - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Gold Medal Worthy Performance by Saints with 4-3 Walk-Off Win in 11 - St. Paul Saints
- Winnipeg Squeezes Past Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Lemurs Win Tight Game over Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Rally for Six Early and Beat Grand Prairie - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Rout 'Cats in Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Big Inning Costs AirHogs Yet Again - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Salazar Outguns Mackey in Tremendous Pitcher's Duel - Lincoln Saltdogs
- July 27-Aug 2 Promotions Announced - El Paso Diablos
- Saints Outfielder, Former Major Leaguer, Shane Costa Retires - St. Paul Saints
- Fans to Vote for Top Skipper in Team History - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sox prepare for big week of games, including Inflatamaniacs - Amarillo Sox
- Gary SouthShore defeats Explorers 5-2 - Sioux City Explorers
- Hiscock, 'Cats Take Series in 5-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.