The Chasers Thump the I-Cubs, 7-1July 14, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
The Storm Chasers (58-36) put up seven runs in the bottom of the second and the scoring was started when catcher Adam Moore worked a bases loaded walk that forced David Lough home. The next batter, Irving Falu, doubled to right field to bring in Anthony Seratelli and Derrick Robinson. Omaha extended their lead over Iowa (39-55) to 5-0 when a Johnny Giavotella single plated two more. Wil Myers then handed the Storm Chasers a 7-0 lead with a two-run blast to left field. The home run was Myers' 15th Triple-A homer of the season.
The I-Cubs were able to carve out a run on a sacrifice fly in the third to make the score 7-1.
Roman Colon, Blaine Hardy and Ryan Verdugo each worked an inning in relief of Odorizzi. Colon worked a perfect seventh, while Hardy walked one in the eighth but did not allow a hit and Verdugo closed out the game, as he worked a scoreless ninth.
Omaha and Iowa will play the finale of their four-game series on Sunday at 2:05 p.m. Sunday's contest is a US Bank and Green Egg Family FUNday that features Canned Food Sunday presented by Sam's Club where fans can bring in a canned/non-perishable food item and receive one free McDonald's Berm ticket. Sunday will also offer kids the opportunity to run the bases post-game thanks to Hardee's as well as showcasing Clowns & Face Painters thanks to Fat Brain. If that isn't enough for you, thanks to the National Honey Board, if you bring in a receipt that shows you purchased honey, you can get a special buy one ticket, get one free deal or you can save 10% on merchandise in the Storm Front Gift Shop. The ticket offer is only good at the Werner Park Ticket Office. Be sure to tune in locally on 1180 The Zone 2 - The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com to listen to your Omaha Storm Chasers in action.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 14, 2012
- Zephyrs Blank RedHawks, 8-0 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Zephyrs Pound RedHawks 8-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- The Chasers Thump the I-Cubs, 7-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Seven Is Unlucky for Cubs in Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Fall to Memphis 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- Rangers Recall C Luis Martinez; Option RHP Yoshinori Tateyama - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes and Sounds Doubleheader Washed Out - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds, Isotopes Postponed on Saturday Night - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes: July 14, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Fall To Colorado Springs In Extras, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Roll to 7-2 Victory over Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Fresno wins 8-5 - Tucson Padres
- Straily Dominates But River Cats Lose to 51s, 1-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- New Orleans Takes Back-and-Forth Battle, 10-8 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Smith, Storm Chasers Snap Cubs' Winning Streak - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.