Sporting KC Set for Rematch with Houston Dynamo on SaturdayJuly 6, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Sporting Kansas City
Radio coverage will also be available for Spanish listeners on La Gran D 1340 AM and the Final Whistle: Postgame Show will air live from LSP on Sports Radio 810 WHB at 9:00 p.m. CT with host Dave Borchardt.
A limited number of tickets are still available for the match featuring the top two teams in the East from a year ago and can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com or at the LIVESTRONG Sporting Park box offices. Additionally, ticket holders are permitted to bring one sealed bottle of water (20-ounce or smaller), which will be uncapped upon entry at the stadium gates.
The Sprint Plaza will have numerous activities prior to the match, including a one-of-a-kind Budweiser Poolball area, for fans who arrive early for the 7 p.m. CT kickoff. Immediately following the game, Ha Ha Tonka - an Indie Rock group from Springfield, Missouri - will perform live in the Sprint Plaza.
Sporting Kansas City sits in second place in the Eastern Conference, one point behind D.C. United, and are coming off a 3-1 win at Montreal on Wednesday. Manager Peter Vermes' squad will be playing their seventh game in all competition in a 22-day stretch, but return home to LIVESTRONG Sporting Park where the team is 15-4-6 (.720) in MLS play.
Houston enter with just one loss in their last five MLS matches, a 4-2 defeat in Montreal that extended their road winless streak to eight, and are led by second-year striker Will Bruin, who has nine goals this season. The Dynamo are 5-3-4 all-time against Sporting Kansas City since entering the League in 2006 and 3-2-1 on the road in the series.
Newly signed Designated Player Boniek Garcia has started each of the Dynamo's last two matches, including a scoreless draw against Chicago on Tuesday, to add to the Houston attack alongside accomplished striker Brian Ching and 2011 MLS MVP runner-up Brad Davis.
Saturday's match is the first of three meetings this season between the Eastern Conference counterparts, with the return leg in Houston coming 11 days later at the brand new BBVA Compass Stadium.
Sporting Kansas City supporters can also follow Saturday's game online via @SKCGameday on Twitter and the MLSSoccer.com MatchCenter, or on mobile devices with Sporting Explore and MLS MatchDay apps .
Major League Soccer Stories from July 6, 2012
- Earthquakes to Face FC Dallas in Texas on Saturday - San Jose Earthquakes
- Game Notes: Chivas USA vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting KC Set for Rematch with Houston Dynamo on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Neven Markovic - Sporting Kansas City
- Chivas USA Acquires Defender Bobby Burling - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Impact Trades Bobby Burling to Chivas USA - Montreal Impact
- Rob Denton Named 2012 Houston Dynamo Community MVP - Houston Dynamo
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Fines Seattle Sounders FC Defender Leo Gonzalez - MLS
- Montreal Impact Introduces Special Promotions - Montreal Impact
- Chivas USA Waive Defender Scott Gordon - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Livestrong Sporting Park to Host U.S. Open Cup Final If Sporting KC Advances - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Looks to Get Back to Winning Ways on Saturday Night - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Game Notes - July 7 at Sporting Kansas City - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.