Early Lead Holds Up in 6-4 Braves WinJuly 2, 2012 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Rome Braves
Rome was first to get on the scoreboard in the third inning with two runs thanks to Ross Heffley's RBI double and Robby Hefflinger's run scoring single. The Braves notched another run in the fourth on a sacrifice fly RBI by Ryan Query for the 3-0 score. Kannapolis scored in the fifth on an RBI single by Mark Haddow making it a 3-1 contest. The Braves added to their lead in the bottom of the inning on an RBI groundout by William Beckwith making it a 4-1 game. Rome added two more runs in the seventh on a two run base hit by Will Skinner giving the Braves a 6-1 advantage.
Kannapolis posted three runs in the ninth but pitcher Ian Marshall came in to shut the door holding on to the 6-4 win.
Jarrett Miller (5-2) gets the victory and Myles Jaye (3-5) is tagged with the loss. Marshall earns his first save on the season.
The Braves and Intimidators conclude the series tomorrow evening at seven. For ticket information, contact the Rome Braves at 706-378-5144 or log onto www.romebraves.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from July 2, 2012
- Suns Lose Extra Innings Thriller, 11-10 - Hagerstown Suns
- Nunez Comes Through in Clutch for 6-5 Win - Charleston RiverDogs
- Early Lead Holds Up in 6-4 Braves Win - Rome Braves
- 'Dad Ensure Series Win with 7-6 Victory in Greensboro - Hickory Crawdads
- Walkoff Win Leads Augusta to Split - Augusta GreenJackets
- Altuve Is Fourth Former Legend to Become MLB All-Star - Lexington Legends
- Crawdads Weekly - 1st-Place 'Dads Go for Series Win in Greensboro - Hickory Crawdads
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Wilson Promoted to Winston-Salem; 3rd Rounder DeMichele Joins Kannapolis - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Kiss-A-Pig Comes to Appalachian Power Park - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.