Immekus Resigns as Tobs Head CoachJune 28, 2012 - Coastal Plain League (Coastal Plain) Wilson Tobs
"We appreciate the efforts of Coach Immekus over the last year and a half and we respect his need to go home and handle his family and personal issues." Said Tobs President Greg Suire.
Head Coach duties will be handled by Coach Bryan Hill Friday when the Tobs travel to Wilmington and Immekus' permanent successor will be named by Monday.
The Wilson Tobs are a proud member of the Coastal Plain League, the nation's hottest summer collegiate baseball league. Celebrating its 16th season in 2012, the CPL features 14 teams playing in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The CPL gives college players the chance to refine their skills with the use of wooden bats. Players are housed with local families for the summer and past experiences have been very positive for both the players and hosts. Furthermore, the CPL has had over 1,000 alumni drafted and 51 alums - including 2011 AL MVP and CY Young winner Justin Verlander - make their Major League debut thus far. For more information on the Coastal Plain League, please visit the league website atÂ http://www.coastalplain.com, and be sure to friend us on Facebook (atÂ http://www.facebook.com/coastalplainleague) and follow us via Twitter (at cpleague).
Coastal Plain League Stories from June 28, 2012
- Steamers Clinch First-Half East Division Title - Edenton Steamers
- Sharks Triumphant in Return to CPL Play - Wilmington Sharks
- First Place Owls Top Blowfish - Columbia Blowfish
- Big Inning Lifts Tobs to Victory - Wilson Tobs
- Immekus Resigns as Tobs Head Coach - Wilson Tobs
- Sutton Comes Up Clutch - Forest City Owls
- Strong Pitching, Timely Hitting Lead Marlins Past Mustangs - Morehead City Marlins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.