Homegrown Striker Caleb Clarke on Trial with German Side FC Rot-Weiss ErfurtJune 26, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Vancouver Whitecaps FC
"Caleb has enjoyed tremendous success since joining the club," said Whitecaps FC head coach Martin Rennie. "The timing of the trial is a little unfortunate with the start of the USSDA playoffs this week. However, this is a good development opportunity for him and Erfurt need to see him during this time frame, so he can play some friendly matches in their preseason."
Clarke finished the United States Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) regular season second overall in scoring with 24 goals in 23 matches in the 78-club league. He currently leads Whitecaps FC's United Soccer Leagues (USL) Premier Development League (PDL) U-23 side with five goals in seven matches.
Prior to joining the Whitecaps FC Residency program in September 2009, the BC Soccer product helped the Coastal WFC U-16 Boys side to a USL Super Y-League North American championship title that year. The striker played his youth soccer with Richmond Selects and was a member of the British Columbia provincial team program at the U-13, U-14, and U-15 levels, as well as the Canadian Soccer Association's National Training Centre program at the U-15 and U-16 levels. Last December, Clarke was one of five Residency players to take part in a 10-day training camp with Canada's U-20 national team in Sunrise, Florida.
Major League Soccer Stories from June 26, 2012
- Sporting KC Advances to U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- Sold-out 11th Annual United Celebrity Golf Tournament raises more than $40,000 - D.C. United
- Impact Hosts Toronto FC Wednesday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Brad Davis to Honor Armed Forces Through the Brad's Brigade Campaign - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes-LA Galaxy Match on Saturday, June 30 at Stanford Stadium Sold Out - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Update: June 26, 2012 - Colorado Rapids
- Homegrown Striker Caleb Clarke on Trial with German Side FC Rot-Weiss Erfurt - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Rapids and Special Olympics Colorado Join Together for Series of Summer Events - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Acquire First-Round Draft Pick, Allocation Money from Philadelphia - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes to Hold Steven Lenhart Wig Night on Saturday, July 28 - San Jose Earthquakes
- This Week in MLS - California Clasico Heats up Saturday on ESPN2 - MLS
- Chicago Fire Waive Forward Kheli Dube - Chicago Fire
- Timbers U-23s Defeat North Sound 3-1 on the Road - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.