Blue Wahoos Hook Lookouts, 4-2June 22, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Chattanooga Lookouts
Chattanooga entered the scoreboard first in the bottom of the second. Brahiam Maldonado led off the inning with a double and looked to be stranded after two outs were quickly recorded, but Griff Erickson continued the inning with a walk. Lookouts starting pitcher Ethan Martin then helped his own cause by hitting a solid single up the middle to bring home Maldonado.
Pensacola quickly retaliated with a run of their own in the third inning. Brodie Greene hit a one-out single to get the inning started, and David Vidal eventually followed with an RBI double to bring home Greene.
The Lookouts reclaimed the lead in the fourth with another run. Nick Buss led off with a double, eventually swiped third, and casually crossed home on a single from Rafael Ynoa.
The score remained 2-1 until the seventh inning, when the Blue Wahoos broke through with two runs to usurp the Lookouts' lead. Singles by Brian Peacock and Ryan LaMarre set-up RBI singles from Didi Gregorious and Greene to account for the damage.
Pensacola added an insurance run in the eighth. Yordanys Perez slugged a one-out double and advanced to third on a subsequent P.J. Phillips ground out. Peacock then hit a come-backer to relief pitcher Geison Aguasviva (2-5), who proceeded to make an errant throw to first base, allowing Perez to easily score.
Justin Freeman entered the game for the Blue Wahoos in the ninth and retired the side to earn his third save of the season.
Clayton Tanner (1-3), who pitched the sixth inning for Pensacola in shutout fashion, was credited with the win.
The Chattanooga Lookouts and Pensacola Blue Wahoos will continue their five-game series at 7:15 P.M., tomorrow. Tickets for this game or any other Lookouts home game can be purchased at the Lookouts Box Office at AT&T Field, online at www.lookouts.com, or by calling (423) 267-4849.
Southern League Stories from June 22, 2012
- BayBears' Late Rally Results in a 10-7 Win - Mobile BayBears
- Wahoos Bounce Back with 4-2 Win - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- M-Braves Silenced by Rienzo, Barons, 3-0 - Mississippi Braves
- BayBears Score 8 Late Runs to Beat Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- Bats Come Alive and Generals Out-Slug Stars 7-4 - Jackson Generals
- Stars Fall To Generals - Huntsville Stars
- Blue Wahoos Hook Lookouts, 4-2 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Suns Defeat Smokies Behind Dominant Alvarez - Jacksonville Suns
- Smokies Bats Silenced by Suns in 2-0 Loss - Tennessee Smokies
- Anundsen Activated From Disabled List - Huntsville Stars
- Mills Aquired from Cleveland Organization - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Moran Promoted to Tacoma, Tenbrink, Kittredge Return - Jackson Generals
- Stars Open up Second Half with Win - Huntsville Stars
- Diamondbacks' Stephen Drew to Rehab with BayBears - Mobile BayBears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.