ThunderBolts Claim Game TwoJune 21, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Traverse City Beach Bums
Windy City got on the board in the second inning with a pair of runs on a Jareck West homerun and an RBI single from Travis Weaver to score Zach Aakhus, who had walked, to go up 2-0. The ThunderBolts would add four more in the fifth to push the lead 6-0.
The Beach Bums would get their first hit of the game on a Sean Gusrang double in the seventh and added Kyle Colligan single in the eighth to their tally.
The story in the game though was WC starter Mike Recchia who went the distance after not allowing a hit until Gusrang's double. After a rough start to the contest where he allowed four baserunners in the first two innings, he settled in to strike out eight batters over the shutout.
One bright spot in the game in the game for Traverse City was right-hander, Cory Baker. Making his second professional appearance, Baker did not allow a hit over 3.1 innings of relief, striking out five batters along the way.
In the series finale on Friday, the Beach Bums will send Jacob Clem (2-2, 2.41) to the mound against Stephen Sauer (3-1, 2.59) for Windy City. Coverage on Sunny Country 101.9 will begin at 7:45 p.m. outside of an 8:05 first pitch. Traverse City will return home on Saturday when they will take on the London Rippers where it will be Date Night at Wuerfel Park. For tickets call 943-0100, log on to www.tcbeachbums.com or stop by the Wuerfel Park ticket office during normal business hours.
Keep tabs on the Beach Bums and the latest news by following on Twitter @beachbumstc, find us on Facebook or sign up to receive the Beach Bums newsletter right to your inbox!
Frontier League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Otters Explode in 12th Inning for 6-3 Win at Southern Illinois - Evansville Otters
- Miners Lose in Extras - Southern Illinois Miners
- Take That! Lisk Delivers In The 11th - River City Rascals
- Rascals Walk off for Second Straight Game against Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts defeat Beach Bums - Windy City ThunderBolts
- ThunderBolts Claim Game Two - Traverse City Beach Bums
- CornBelters edge RiverHawks, 3-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Maxwell Leads Slammers to 2-1 Win - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Edged in Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters defeat Rockford - Normal CornBelters
- Matt Fields Has Contract Purchased by Royals - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rippers Respond to Liquor License Issue - London Rippers
- June 21 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Crushers-Rippers Rained Out - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rippers Game Cancelled - London Rippers
- Two More Pitchers Headed to Affiliated Teams - Windy City ThunderBolts
- RiverHawks Announce Field Training Day & Veterans Appreciation Night - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Fall Short in Extras against Otters - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.