Kaleb Cowart promoted to Inland EmpireJune 21, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Cedar Rapids Kernels
Cowart was a member of the Kernels 2012 Opening Day Roster and was batting .293 with 16 doubles, nine HR and 54 RBI in 66 games. He was named as a reserve to the MWL West All-Star team and is second in the MWL with 54 RBI, tied for fifth with nine HR, and is third with 126 total bases.
With today's transaction, the Kernels roster is at 24 active players, one shy of the MWL maximum of 25, with three players on the disabled list.
The Kernels begin the MWL second half with a six game home stand starting Friday, June 22nd at 6:35 pm against the Beloit Snappers, the Midwest League affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
Morgan Hawk brings you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com .
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
Midwest League Stories from June 21, 2012
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kaleb Cowart promoted to Inland Empire - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Captains Francisco Lindor Named to MLB Sirius XM Futures Game - Lake County Captains
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 22-27 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- 2012 Nick Adenhart Memorial Scholarship Winner, Mack Mattke - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees' Pan to Play in Futures Game - Burlington Bees
- Drew Stubbs to Play for Dragons Beginning Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons on TV Friday and Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Pair of Former Cougars to Play in MLB All-Star Futures Game - Kane County Cougars
- Brewers 2012 Supplemental First Round Pick Joins Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights for June 25-30 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.