Texas Stars Sign Left Wing Mike HeddenJune 14, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Texas Stars
Hedden, 27, made his Texas debut in the 2011-12 season opener against Oklahoma City. He recorded his first three-point night in the AHL on February 10th at Rochester, notching a goal and two assists. He also had a goal, an assist and eight shots in a 6-2 win at home against Peoria on January 20th. In all, Hedden tallied 19 goals and 15 assists in 69 games last season.
The Dunnville, Ontario, native will enter his fourth professional season in 2012-13. Prior to Texas, Hedden played for the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL, leading the team with 32 goals in 2010-11. He played in 57 games, putting up 52 points and leading the team in power-play goals with nine.
He spent four years with Neumann College, winning a national championship in 2006. He set the school's all-time record for goals (96) and ranked second in points (167) and fourth in assists (67).
2012-13 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
American Hockey League Stories from June 14, 2012
- Florida Panthers Sign D Jason Desantis - San Antonio Rampage
- Texas Stars Sign Left Wing Mike Hedden - Texas Stars
- Monarchs Announce Guaranteed Dates for 2012-13 Season - Manchester Monarchs
- Morrison Agrees to Contract Extension with IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Multi-Year Affiliation with Tampa Bay Lightning - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Make Statement on NHL Affiliation - Norfolk Admirals
- Quinn Named Assistant Coach - Lake Erie Monsters
- Home Opener Set for 2012-13 - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulldogs Announce Date of 2012-2013 Home Opener - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.