Rascals Give up 16; Comeback Falls ShortJune 3, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) River City Rascals
Evansville (6-9) jumped out to a 3-0 lead by scoring a run in each of the first three innings before the Rascals got the game to 3-1 in the bottom of the third on a Jason Patton single.
The Otters scored four runs on three hits and the first of five Rascal errors in the fourth inning to jump out to a 7-1 lead. River City (12-3) scored two runs in the fourth to close the gap to 7-3 but Evansville sent 11 hitters to the plate in the fifth, scoring six unearned runs on three hits and two errors for a 13-3 lead.
It was 13-4 after a Charlie Lisk homerun in the fifth but the Otters hit a two-run shot in the sixth to take an 11 run lead before the Rascals exploded for six runs in the bottom of the sixth as Jeremy Synan and Josh Workman each drove in two runs with singles that made the score 15-10.
Each team would add a single run in the eighth inning for the final score of 16-11. River City stranded six runners on base in the final three innings with four left in scoring position.
Following a league wide off-day Monday, the Rascals will play nine-straight on the road beginning in Florence, Kentucky against the Freedom. You can hear all the live action on 1280 AM KYRO and westplexnewstalk.com
-Rascals committed a season-high five errors
-this was the first win for Evansville at T.R. Hughes Ballpark since 6/29/2012
Frontier League Stories from June 3, 2012
- Evansville Holds on in 16-11 Slugfest at River City - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Give up 16; Comeback Falls Short - River City Rascals
- Florence Tops CornBelters in 10 - Normal CornBelters
- Miners Sweep Schaumburg - Southern Illinois Miners
- Despite Season High 14 Hits Boomers Swept in Southern Illinois - Schaumburg Boomers
- Grizzlies Drop Home Series to Beach Bums - Gateway Grizzlies
- Crushers leave 11 on base as Windy City takes Rubber Match, 7-4 - Lake Erie Crushers
- Beach Bums Power Past Grizzlies to Close out Road Trip - Traverse City Beach Bums
- RiverHawks Shut Down in Finale - Rockford RiverHawks
- ThunderBolts Host IHSA Super-Sectional Doubleheader on Monday - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rippers Win First Series in Blowout - London Rippers
- Washington Slams Door on Joliet, Wins 13-5 - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Drop Series Finale 13-5 - Joliet Slammers
- June 3 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.