Dragons Gameday for May 31May 31, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:07 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980 l TV: WHIO 7.2 (23, 372)
South Bend Silver Hawks (27-26) at Dayton Dragons (20-33)
LH John Pedrotty (2-3, 5.37) vs. LH Tanner Robles (3-3, 3.98)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the South Bend Silver Hawks (affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks) in the second game of a three-game series.
- In the nine game dates from May 21-30, Dayton's Kurtis Muller leads the league in batting average at .459. He is 17 for 37 with three home runs since joining the Dragons on May 21. Muller had two career homers in 126 games prior to joining the Dragons on May 21. He has hit safely in eight of the nine games. Muller is also tied for the league lead in hits and second in runs scored since May 21.
- Kyle Waldrop was selected as the Midwest League Batter of the Week for the week of May 21-27. He is batting .355 over his last eight games (11 for 31) with two homers (first two homers of the year). He has raised his average from .237 to .265.
- Ryan Wright was 0 for 2 on Tuesday and left the game in the fifth inning with a sprained wrist as his 11-game hitting streak came to an end. He hit .478 over the course of the streak, the second highest batting average for any hitting streak of 10 games or more in the league this season. Over Wright's last 12 games, he is batting .457 (21 for 46) with eight doubles to raise his average from .273 to .315. He has had at least two hits in eight of the 12 games. Wright did not play on Wednesday due to the sprained wrist and his status is day-to-day.
- The Dragons have won three straight home games for the first time this season. They won last night after beating Great Lakes May 20-21.
- The Dragons are 6-6 over their last 12 games after going 2-16 over the previous 18 games. They were 12-11 prior to that 18-game stretch.
- The Dragons are batting .283 as a team over their last 10 games (96 for 339). They have scored at least six runs in seven of the 10 games.
Midwest League Stories from May 31, 2012
- Another Late Homer Lifts Bees - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits' Offense Held in Check by Beloit - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels Blank Wisconsin, 4-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Aguila's long ball not enough in 8-7 loss - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Rally in 9th, Earn Walk-Off Win 8-7 - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods, Lugnuts Suspended on Thursday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels Quiet Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts/Hot Rods Suspended in the 5th Due to Rain - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Fall 3-2 Thursday on 7th Inning Homer - Peoria Chiefs
- Loons, TinCaps Rained Out - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps and Loons Postponed on Thursday Night - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars, LumberKings Postponed - Kane County Cougars
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- LumberKings & Cougars Washed Out - Clinton LumberKings
- Whitecaps Rally Late, Win 7-6 - Lake County Captains
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: June 2-8 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for May 31 - Dayton Dragons
- Bark in the Park Is Back at Community Field - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.