Chicago Sky Waive Shey Peddy and Sydney CarterMay 14, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Chicago Sky
Peddy, a 5-foot 7-inch guard, was selected by the Sky with 23rd pick of the 2012 Draft. She was the 2011-12 Atlantic 10 Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year. She helped guide Temple to a 23-10 record and a WNIT berth. Named the Owl's MVP in her senior season, she averaged 17.3 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game
Sydney Carter, a 5-foot 6-inch guard, was selected by the Sky with 27th pick of the 2012 Draft. She was a three-time co-captain for the Aggies, 2011-12 Big 12 All-Defensive Team member and named to the All-Big 12 Second Team. In 2010-2011, she was named the NCAA Dallas Regional Most Outstanding Player en route to Texas A&M winning their first national championship. Carter was also selected for the 2008-09 Big 12 All-Freshman Team.
Chicago starts the 2012 regular season in Washington versus the Mystics on Saturday, May 19. The team's home opener is set for Friday, May 25 at 7:30 p.m. at Allstate Arena versus the Indiana Fever.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 14, 2012
- Chicago Sky Waive Shey Peddy and Sydney Carter - Chicago Sky
- Shock Releases Two, Trims Roster to 13 - Tulsa Shock
- Atkinson and Bobbitt Waived from Indiana Training Camp Roster - Indiana Fever
- Fever 2012 Broadcast Schedule Announced - Indiana Fever
- Minnesota Lynx Begin âLynx Cares' Season Kickoff - Minnesota Lynx
- Connecticut Sun to Hold Food Drive - Connecticut Sun
- New York Liberty Return to Madison Square Garden for 2012 Home Opener - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.