RHP Joe Ross Heads to DLMay 11, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
RHP Joe Ross placed on Fort Wayne's disabled list, retroactive to May 9. Ross, 18, is 0-2 with a 6.26 ERA in six starts. Ross was the 25th overall pick of the San Diego Padres in the 2011 draft.
Infielder Jace Peterson placed on Fort Wayne's disabled list. Peterson, 22, is hitting .315 with one home run and 12 runs batted in over 32 games. He currently leads the league with 15 stolen bases. Peterson was a supplemental first round pick of the Padres in the 2011 draft.
RHP Yordany Ramirez transferred from extended spring training to Fort Wayne. Ramirez will wear #30. Ramirez, 28, was signed by the Padres as a minor league free agent on January 3rd, 2012. He began his career in 2001, signing with the Padres as an outfielder. Ramirez played the 2005 season with the Fort Wayne Wizards, hitting .222 with eight home runs and 21 runs batted in. In 2010, he began working as a pitcher with the Lexington Legends in the Houston Astros organization. Last year between Lexington of the South Atlantic League and Lancaster of the California League, he went 2-2 with a 10.41 ERA in 23 appearances, all in relief.
Infielder Tyler Stubblefield transferred from Advanced-A Lake Elsinore to Fort Wayne. Stubblefield will wear #14. Stubblefield, 24, was originally selected by the Padres in the 22nd round of the 2010 draft. In 2010 with Eugene of the Northwest League, he hit .251 in 58 games. Last season, Stubblefield played in 42 games with Fort Wayne, hitting .223 with no home runs and 18 runs batted in. He also played in two games with Triple-A Tucson, going hitless in six at bats. This year with Advanced-A Lake Elsinore, he hit .135 with one home run and five runs batted in over 13 games.
The TinCaps roster currently stands at the Midwest League limit of 25 players.
Midwest League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Bees Crush Four Homers in 12-8 Win over Kernels - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits Fall 5-4 in Series Finale with Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Complete Sweep with Walk-Off - Kane County Cougars
- Hawks Nip TinCaps for 3-2 Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods double up Lansing - Lansing Lugnuts
- Glaesmann's Five Hits Help Hot Rods Avoid Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Rattlers go long to beat Quad Cities - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Montilla Plays Long Ball in Series-Clinching Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Captains Drop Finale to Dragons 5-4 - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Lose Lead, But Score Late to Win 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Whitecaps Rally for Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Update on Jace Peterson - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Tyler Ybarra Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps TV Show Premieres May 21st - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- RHP Joe Ross Heads to DL - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Chiefs Win 6-2 Friday, Hoilman Hit Streak to 24 - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Players and Mascot to Visit Greene County Schools Next Week - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for May 11 - Dayton Dragons
- Gaviglio, Bandits Top Wisconsin, Halt Losing Streak - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.