Cairo Completes Assignment with DragonsMay 6, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Infielder Miguel Cairo completed his rehabilitation assignment in Dayton and has been removed from the Dragons roster.
As a major league player on a rehab assignment, Cairo did not count toward the Midwest League roster limit of 25 players. The Dragons roster remains at 25.
Cairo appeared in three games with the Dragons. He awaits his next assignment as he returns from a strained hamstring.
The Dragons host the Fort Wayne TinCaps today at 2:00 p.m. (Radio: WONE 980 AM). They also host the TinCaps on Monday and Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. For information on lawn tickets and group seating options, call (937) 228-2287.
Midwest League Stories from May 6, 2012
- Walsh Homers Twice in River Bandits' 9-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Shut out Clinton, 2-0 - Burlington Bees
- Bees Return Favor of Shutout - Clinton LumberKings
- Back-To-Back Homers Propel Snappers to 5-3 Win over Kane County - Beloit Snappers
- Malm Homers But Hot Rods Fall to Captains - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains Comeback and Win in Kentucky, 6-2 - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Lose 9-2 Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Hold off Cougars, Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- Hebner, Homers Lead Way in 11-1 TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts rally to 4-3 win over Whitecaps - Lansing Lugnuts
- Fort Wayne Batters Dragons 11-1 - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels and Timber Rattlers Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Timber Rattlers and Kernels Rained out on Sunday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cairo Completes Assignment with Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Former TinCaps Pitcher Mikolas Makes MLB Debut - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.