Frisco Defeats San Antonio 9-3May 4, 2012 - Texas League (TL) San Antonio Missions
After spotting the RoughRiders a 1-0 lead, Carlos Sosa and Dean Anna hit back-to-back homers in the bottom of the third to give the Missions a 2-1 advantage. San Antonio increased their lead to 3-1 the following inning on an Edinson Rincon RBI single that scored Nate Freiman.
Frisco responded with four runs in the top half of the fifth aided by three Missions errors to go up 5-3. The RoughRiders tacked on four more in the top of the ninth, highlighted by a three-run homer by Frisco third baseman Mike Olt.
The Missions will travel to Corpus Christi tomorrow for a four-game series with the Hooks (Houston Astros). After a league-wide off day on Wednesday, May 9, San Antonio returns home for an eight-game home stand as they'll host the Midland RockHounds (Oakland A's) from May 10-13 and Corpus Christi from May 14-17.
You can catch all the Missions action on KKYX 680 AM, the home of Missions baseball with Roy Acuff and Mike Saeger.
Texas League Stories from May 4, 2012
- Naturals Fall in Wild Springfield Finale - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Loux Wins Sixth, 'Riders Cruise 9-3 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cardinals Hammer Naturals 14-9 - Springfield Cardinals
- Frisco Defeats San Antonio 9-3 - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes, May 4 at Midland - Corpus Christi Hooks
- INF Kurt Mertins Promoted to AAA Omaha - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Missions Extend Player Development Agreement With Padres - San Antonio Missions
- Game On: Reliant Summer Sweepstakes Returns for Baseball Fans - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.