Goins Doubles in Fisher Cats 4-1 Loss to New BritainApril 21, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
John Tolisano and Goins put together back-to-back doubles with two outs in the top of the sixth inning to produce the only run for New Hampshire (6-10).
Andrew Albers (1-0) earned his first win of the season for the Rock Cats, allowing just five hits. He worked the first seven frames and also struck out seven Fisher Cats.
The Rock Cats took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the third inning. Chris Herrmann drilled a two-out double to the gap in right-center and scored on a single up-the-middle by Evan Bigley (2-for-4, 2 RBI).
New Britain extended the lead in the bottom of the fourth inning. Aaron Hicks (2-for-3) tripled and scored on a groundout by Deibinson Romero to make it 2-0. Pedro Florimon doubled and scored on a single by Nate Hanson off starter and losing pitcher Ryan Tepera (1-1).
The Rock Cats (12-5), who moved into first place with the win, also added a run in the sixth inning. Estarlin De Los Santos singled, Herrmann reached on an error and Bigley delivered his second run with a single up the middle to make it 4-1.
Tepera worked 4.1 innings, allowing nine hits and three runs. He walked two and struck out five batters.
The series concludes on Sunday afternoon at 1:35pm at New Britain Stadium. The Fisher Cats are expected to start RHP Chad Jenkins (1-2, 8.04) against RHP David Bromberg (0-0, 18.00). You can follow the action with Bob Lipman beginning at 1:15pm on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and www.nhfishercats.com.
The Fisher Cats return home to begin a seven-game home stand on Friday, April 27, against the Trenton Thunder, Double-A affiliate of the New York Yankees. The opener of the series features spectacular Atlas Fireworks and the Oral Health Challenge presented by Northeast Delta Dental. You can view the entire promotional schedule for the home stand and purchase tickets by visiting www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from April 21, 2012
- Aeros Add C Michel Hernandez - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Late Rally Falls Short - Bowie Baysox
- 'Wolves Beat Baysox 4-3; Cron Notches 1,000th Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Goins Doubles in Fisher Cats 4-1 Loss to New Britain - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Keep Rollin' With 4-1 Win - New Britain Rock Cats
- Aeros Knock off Phillies - Akron Aeros
- Rahl Leads Harrisburg Past Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Rahl Leads Senators to 4-1 Win over Trenton - Harrisburg Senators
- Rain Forces Saturday Postponement for Curve, Squirrels - Altoona Curve
- INF Buck Britton Placed on DL - Bowie Baysox
- Squirrels and Curve Postponed Saturday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Winning Streak Reaches Three After 6-1 Win - Binghamton Mets
- Sea Dogs Continue Slide with 6-1 Loss - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Andy Pettitte to Pitch in Trenton Wednesday - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.