Missions Fall To Midland 4-1April 19, 2012 - Texas League (TL) San Antonio Missions
San Antonio entered tonight's contest having scored 22 runs over their last three games but Midland starter Sonny Gray and two relievers combined to limit the Missions to just four hits.
Midland struck first with three runs in the top of the fourth. With two outs and the bases loaded, shortstop Dusty Coleman drove in two with a single to right then second baseman Tyler Ladendorf squeezed home the third. The RockHounds added their final run in the ninth on an RBI double by left fielder Shane Peterson.
San Antonio catcher Ali Solis drove in the Missions lone run in the eighth with a single to right that scored Cody Decker who led off the inning with a triple.
The Missions fall to 5-8 on the season, including 3-4 at The Wolff.
Game two of the series is tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. Shawn Haviland (0-1, 11.12 ERA) will start for the RockHounds while fellow righty Hayden Beard (0-2, 6.30 ERA) goes for San Antonio.
Tomorrow night Missions championship mugs will be given out to the first 2,500 fans courtesy of Castle Hills Mortuary.
You can catch all the Missions action on KKYX 680 AM, the home of Missions baseball with Roy Acuff and Mike Saeger.
Texas League Stories from April 19, 2012
- Late Rally Gives Travs Comeback Win - Arkansas Travelers
- 'Riders Blow Away Hooks, Win Ninth Game - Frisco RoughRiders
- Missions Fall To Midland 4-1 - San Antonio Missions
- Travelers Walk off on Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cardinals Shutout Drillers 6-0 - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Drop Opener in Springfield - Tulsa Drillers
- Game Notes, April 19 Vs. Frisco - Corpus Christi Hooks
- C Julio Rodriguez Transferred; LHP Dobies to DL - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Drillers Back Home Monday - Tulsa Drillers
- Only 10 More Promo Club Memberships Left - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.