Bears Release Francis Verreault-Paul from Tryout AgreementApril 16, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hershey Bears
Verreault-Paul recorded his first professional point, an assist, on Friday at Portland. He appeared in a total of six games with the BEARS and added six penalty minutes.
In four years at McGill University (CIS), the 5-10, 188-pound forward totaled 156 points (87 goals, 69 assists) to rank second on the Redmen's all-time scoring list. The 24-year-old native of Roberval, PQ was the 2011 recipient of the Guy Lafleur trophy, awarded to the Quebec university player who best combines hockey performance with academic excellence.
Prior to his four years at McGill, Verreault-Paul played five years of junior hockey with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL), totaling 89 goals, 100 assists and 507 penalty minutes in 301 games.
The BEARS will open the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals on the road this Friday and Saturday, April 20 and 21, at 7:05 PM against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The best-of-five series will shift to GIANT Center for Games Three and, if necessary, Game Four on Wednesday and Friday, April 25 and 27 with faceoff both nights at 7:00 PM.
Tickets for Game "AA" (Game Three) are on sale now and may be purchased by calling (717) 508-BEAR or by visiting ticketmaster.com.
American Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2012
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' 16th Season Comes to a Close - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Call for Five from IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi from Ontario - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals to Host Playoff Pep Rally - Milwaukee Admirals
- Michael Ferland Joins Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Texas Stars Coaches Relieved of Their Duties - Texas Stars
- Week 29 - Crunch Clinch Playoff Berth - Syracuse Crunch
- Smith Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Jeremy Smith Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Name Award Winners - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Release Cannata - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Net a Win, Three Points in Week 28 - Rockford IceHogs
- Red Wings Summon 11 from Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- On To The Postseason - Hershey Bears
- Bears Release Francis Verreault-Paul from Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.