B-Sens Trip up Pens in Road Finale, 3-1April 13, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Binghamton Senators
The Penguins opened the scoring with a power play tally at 7:11 of the first period. Pens captain Ryan Craig chopped in a rebound off the pad of Robin Lehner to give his team a 1-0 lead.
The B-Sens answered to knot the game at one as Mike Hoffman scored his 20th goal of the season with just 4:41 remaining in the opening period. Craig Schira drew the lone assist on the tally.
Cannone gave the B-Sens the lead at the 4:41 mark of the second period off a David Dziurzynski feed. Andre Petersson would receive credit for the secondary assist.
With just over three minutes to go in the third period, the B-Sens sent the puck around the corner boards in the Penguins zone. Pens netminder Brad Thiessen moved out behind the net in anticipation of the puck, but instead of finding its way to Thiessen that puck took a fortuitous bounce onto the stick of Dziurzynski who scored on the wide open net to give the B-Sens a two-goal lead.
The Penguins pulled Thiessen in favor of an extra skater in the final minutes of the third, but failed to overcome the deficit.
Binghamton went 0-for-2 on the power play and 2-for-3 on the penalty kill.
With the victory Lehner improved to 13-22-1 on the season. Thiessen made 14 saves on 17 shots as he fell to 22-15-2.
The B-Sens play their final game of the 2011-12 season tomorrow as they host the Norfolk Admirals. Game time is 7:05 p.m. Tickets for the game are $18.50 for side seating, $17.50 for end seating. Fans can purchase tickets at www.ticketmaster.com, by phone at 1-800-745-3000 or in person at the Binghamton Senators' executive office or the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena box office.
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2012
- Hogs Take Tenth Win Against Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Clinch Fourth With Win Over Marlies - Abbotsford Heat
- Pirates Trap Bears - Portland Pirates
- Matsumoto's OT Winner Lifts Rampage Over Stars 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Keeping Pace - Manchester Monarchs
- Keeping Pace - Manchester Monarchs
- Rivermen Playoff Chances Take a Hit - Peoria Rivermen
- Fourth Straight Win Sets Up Season Finale Showdown With Playoffs On The Line - Lake Erie Monsters
- Whale to Take on Bridgeport in First-Round Calder Cup playoff series - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks Cruise Past Crunch in Regular Season Home Finale, 5-1 - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Beat Phantoms 4-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins' Playoff Hopes Dashed with 7-5 Loss to Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Rout Peoria for Important Win - Charlotte Checkers
- 3-1 victory secures second seed in Eastern Conference - St. John's IceCaps
- Still Alive After First Ever Loss to Springfield - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rampage Slip by Stars with Dramatic OT Win - Texas Stars
- Aeros suffer 2-1 loss to Oklahoma City - Houston Aeros
- Whale defeated by Manchester - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Youthful Sharks Fall 3-1 to IceCaps - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Fall to Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Devils Can't Stop Admirals - Albany Devils
- Bulldogs Battle Monsters to 5-3 Loss - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Suffer Setback in Rochester - Syracuse Crunch
- Norfolk Nails Down 26th Straight Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Drop 3-1 Decision to Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Clinch Midwest Division with Wild 7-5 Win - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Trip up Pens in Road Finale, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Clinch Northeast Division Title with 4-1 Win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Wrap up Regular Season on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- Bulldogs Recognize Hamilton Sports Hall of Fame Inductees - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with LeBlanc - Rockford IceHogs
- Norfolk's Cory Conacher Named American Hockey League MVP for 2011-12 - AHL
- Cory Conacher Named American Hockey League's Most Valuable Player - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Close Our Regular Season this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceCaps Recall Marto from Colorado - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Sign Sides to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Final Weekend Begins Tonight Against Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Darren Haydar Wins Chicago Wolves' Dan Snyder Award - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday Preview - Texas at San Antonio - Texas Stars
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Oklahoma City Barons Game Notes - April 13 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Vs Marlies Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Weekend Preview: IceCaps Play Three-In-Three to Finish Season - St. John's IceCaps
- Griffins Play Final Home Game of the Regular Season Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.