SeaWolves Drop Home Opener to Bowie 6-1April 12, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Erie SeaWolves
Bowie got on the board first in the top of the second against Erie starter Jay Voss. Tyler Townsend reached on a one-out error and Robbie Widlansky was hit by a pitch with two outs extending the inning. Brandon Waring doubled home both baserunners for a 2-0 Baysox lead.
The Baysox extended the lead to 3-0 in the top of the fourth. Caleb Joesph doubled to start the inning and came in to score on a two-out Jonathan Schoop base hit.
Erie's lone run came in the bottom of the fifth against Bowie starter Jacob Pettit. Bryan Pounds led off and doubled. Rob Brantly followed with an RBI single cutting the Bowie lead down to a pair of runs at 3-1.
The Bowie lead remained two until the top of the seventh. Zelouis Wheeler led off with a single, advanced on a Manny Machado base knock and scored on a two-out Widlansky base knock for a 4-1 edge.
The Baysox added insurance runs in the eighth and ninth innings, grabbing a 6-1 advantage.
Voss (0-2) took the loss allowing three runs, one earned, on eight hits with a walk and five strikeouts in 4.2 innings of work.
Pettit (1-0) earned the win going six strong innings, allowing a run on four hits with a walk and two strikeouts.
The SeaWolves continue a four-game series with the Baysox on Friday night at Jerry Uht Park.6:35 First Pitch. Righty Zack Segovia (0-1, 5.79 ERA) takes the mound for Erie against LHP Cole McCurry (0-1, 5.40 ERA).
The first 1,000 fans on Friday night receive a 2012 schedule poster courtesy of Delta Sonic. Enjoy $2 specials on draft beer and fountain Pepsi in the Bud Light Beer Garden until first pitch. Kids Crew members play free on the UPMC Health Plan Fun Zone inflatables from 6:00-6:30 PM.
Eastern League Stories from April 12, 2012
- Akron Tops Trenton 6-1 to Start Trip - Trenton Thunder
- SeaWolves Drop Home Opener to Bowie 6-1 - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Win Home Opener, 6-1 Over Trenton Thunder - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Pick up Second Straight Win - Bowie Baysox
- Senators Fall in their Home Opener to Reading 4-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Curve Drop First Road Game of 2012, 7-3 - Altoona Curve
- Stevenson and Squirrels Too Much for Curve on Opening Night, 7-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fisher Cats Welcome Big Crowd But Drop First 2012 Game in NH - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Mets Spoil Sea Dogs Opener - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Bundle Offense Early in 5-1 Win - Binghamton Mets
- SeaWolves Announce PDC Extension with Detroit Tigers - Erie SeaWolves
- Thunder Add INF Mahoney and P Rondon; Place Three on DL - Trenton Thunder
- R-Phils Firstenergy Stadium to Host Touch-A-Truck 2012 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Baysox Try out Basketball - Bowie Baysox
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves Vs. Bowie Baysox - - Game One of Four - - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.