Conklin Recalled by DetroitMarch 21, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Grand Rapids Griffins
Conklin appeared in 12 consecutive games (Feb. 22-March 17) for Grand Rapids after being assigned by Detroit on Feb. 21. He became just the second goalie in franchise history to win his first five starts, joining Mathieu Chouinard, who started 5-0 in 2000-01. The Griffins earned points in nine of 12 games with Conklin in net, posting an 8-3-1 record in that span. The 35-year-old netminder shows an 8-4-0 record, a 2.40 goals against average and a 0.915 save percentage in 12 AHL contests this season.
The Eagle River, Alaska, native has appeared in 11 games with the Red Wings this season - all on the road - posting a 3-5-0 record with a 3.40 GAA, a 0.878 save percentage and one shutout. He owns a 94-66-20 record, a 2.68 GAA and a 0.906 save percentage in 211 games with Edmonton, Columbus, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Detroit over his 11-year NHL career.
Conklin is expected to start for the Red Wings tonight when they visit the New York Rangers at 7:30 p.m. After winning three straight games on the road, the Griffins will continue their four-game road trip in San Antonio on Thursday at 8 p.m. EDT.
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2012
- B-Sens Shut out Sound Tigers, 3-0 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Fall to Syracuse in Shootout, 4-3 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Snap Skid Against Peoria - Charlotte Checkers
- Points on the Line; Devils Get the Win - Albany Devils
- Sabourin, Bears Earn Fourth Consecutive Victory - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps can't complete comeback against Bears - St. John's IceCaps
- Checkers Hand Rivermen 6-2 Loss - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Power Past Amerks - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Battle Back But Fall in the End 6-5 in Albany - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Shut out Sound Tigers 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dallas Signs Texas Native Austin Smith to NHL Contract - Texas Stars
- COO Stanford Addresses St. John's Board of Trade - St. John's IceCaps
- Pirates Open Voting for Team Awards, Presented by Creative Awards - Portland Pirates
- Monsters Fall in Shootout in 10th Straight One-Goal Game - Lake Erie Monsters
- Rampage Sign Defenseman Alex Petrovic to ATO - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers Sign Gron to Amateur Tryout Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Host Two Games this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Gilbert Reassigned to Toledo, Vallerand Released from PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Adam Cracknell Suspended Two Games - Peoria Rivermen
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Conklin Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Whale Sign Pair of Ranger Draft Picks to ATOs - Connecticut Whale
- Bears Sign Goaltender Matt Tendler to Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Make Three Transactions - Providence Bruins
- Gustafsson and Manning Return - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.