Killer Bees Sign Georgi Petrov to ContractFebruary 3, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
Petrov, 23, comes to the Bees from the Kazzinc Torpedo, a Kazakhstani entrant in the Vysshaya hokkeinaya liga (VHL), the second level of hockey in Russia.
Petrov also has significant international experience representing Kazakhstan in the 2009 and 2010 World Championships. In addition Petrov represented Kazakhstan on the U20 team in 2007 and U18 squads in 2005 and 2006.
The Killer Bees play host to the Wichita Thunder tonight at the State Farm Arena and Petrov will be in uniform at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available by calling 843-7825 or visiting killerbeehockey.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2012
- Wray Continues Incredible Run with Hat Trick in 5-2 Character Win Over First Place IceMen - Rapid City Rush
- Three Goal First Period Launches Thunder to 4-1 Win - Wichita Thunder
- Third Period Surge Not Enough in 3-2 Loss to Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Hold on for a 3-2 Win Over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Bucks Shut-Out Brahmas Again - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Drop Second Straight in Laredo - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Hold off Arizona, 4-3 - Missouri Mavericks
- Komets Slip Past Mallards 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Killer Bees Fall to First-Place Wichita 4-1 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Late Surge Not Enough as Missouri Tops Arizona, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards' Marino Named Oakley CHL First Star for January - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Brandon Marino Leads 'Oakley Three Stars' for January - CHL
- Blaze Reach Two-Thirds Mark with Trip to Quad City - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Announce Return Of Popular "Ladies Night" & Bachelor Auction - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Sign Georgi Petrov to Contract - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Shots from the Point for February 3, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.