Kinetic Affect to Perform this Sunday During K-Wings GameNovember 2, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Kalamazoo Wings
Kinetic Affect is a dynamic spoken word duo based in Kalamazoo composed of two very different men; Kirk Latimer, a survivor of his own destructive past, and Gabriel Giron, a cancer survivor, they they've teamed up to combine their voices to give life to their difficult past experiences in order to deliver a positive message to people of all ages.
Together they are able to show audiences the common humanity we all share. Having been featured on the hit show, America's Got Talent and on the world famous Apollo stage, Kinetic Affect combines entertainment with deeply moving and emotional personal struggles and triumphs.
This work has driven them to co-found a non-profit organization called Speak It Forward Inc. which brings the power of their work and personal experiences to those individuals, vulnerable children and organizations that need it the most.
For the first-time in front of a live audience, Kinetic Affect will perform their latest creation, the Michigan Poem, which the duo originally created for the Kellogg Foundation and now intends to spread this important message throughout the state.
This season, "Family Hockey Day in the 'ZOO!" will be presented by Meijer, Pepsi, Charter Communications and the Kalamazoo Gazette and will feature a FREE post-game skate with all the K-Wings players (skate rental is available for only $3).
Customary to Sunday games, all Kids (12 and under) will eat FREE and the first 500 kids will receive a FREE Meijer water bottle. This Sunday, in honor of, Slappy's birthday, the K-Wings will be hosting Mascot Mania and a party for Kalamazoo's favorite mascot.
Also during the game, Meijer will have its Mobile Playground, featuring WII games, a concourse carnival courtesy of Vertical Edge and much more for kids of all ages.
Single-game tickets for the upcoming 2011-2012 season are on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office. Ticket Office hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, please call Wings Stadium Ticket Office during regular business hours at (269) 345-5101.
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are $12.90 and $16.90 for adults and only $6.90 for kids ages 12 and under. The price for all K-Wings premium night games (all colored ice games and New Year's Eve game) are just $1 more. Fans can save money by purchasing K-Wings single game tickets in advance because tickets purchased on the day of a game increase by $1.
ECHL Stories from November 2, 2011
- Idaho Ends Streak with Emphatic Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Extend Winning Streak with 4-1 Victory over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Howes and Kissel Return to Aces Lineup - Alaska Aces
- Adam Huxley Returns to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Express Get Defenseman Steven Delisle - Chicago Express
- ECHL Transactions - November 2 - ECHL
- LeBlanc Added to Steelheads Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Titans Monthly Radio Show Debuts Thursday - Trenton Titans
- Baier Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wranglers to Grow "Movember" Moustaches - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Holiday Hockeyfest Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Quick Is MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- MMA and Boxing Returns this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Paul McIlveen Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Kinetic Affect to Perform this Sunday During K-Wings Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sova Receives League Honor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo's Sova Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: 2-For-1 Tickets Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 2 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.