Indians Finish Final Homestand with a BangAugust 30, 2011 - International League (IL) Indianapolis Indians
Tue. August 30 Toledo 7:05 p.m.
Presented by -- The Indianapolis Star
The Indianapolis Star 2-for-1 Tuesday -- Fans can clip a buy-one-get-one free ticket coupon from Sunday's edition of The Indianapolis Star prior to Tuesday's contest.
Robot Ceremonial First Pitch -- The Indians welcome the first robot to Victory Field to throw out a ceremonial first pitch before Tuesday's contest. The robot was created by Cyber Blue, the robotics team from Perry Meridian High School.
Wed. August 31 Toledo 1:05 p.m.
Business Day Game -- Enjoy an afternoon away from the office with co-workers, clients, or friends. With a 1:05 p.m. start time, lunch and a game at the ballpark is easier than ever.
Parking Shuttle -- The Indians continue to offer a Business Day parking shuttle for each weekday day game at Victory Field. Fans may park at Lucas Oil Stadium (Gate 1 on Missouri Street) for $5 and take advantage of a complimentary shuttle to the ballpark. The shuttle will run continuously from 90 minutes before the game until 30 minutes after the contest.
Fri. September 2 Louisville 7:15 p.m.
Presented by -- Firestone Complete Auto Care/Miller High Life
Friday Night Fireworks -- Everyone's favorite night of the week just got better with Friday Night Fireworks at Victory Field. Stick around after the game for a fantastic fireworks show shot from center field.
Sponsor Appreciation Night -- Join the Indians in honoring the season's generous sponsors as they donate funds to local charities.
Military Appreciation Night -- A pre-game ceremony will be held on the field to honor the men and women of our Armed Forces.
Sat. September 3 Louisville 6:05 p.m.
Presented by -- Indiana Family of Farmers/Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Home Finale -- The Indians entertain the Cincinnati Reds' Triple-A affiliate in the final regular-season home game of 2011, with a special gametime of 6:05 p.m.
Team Awards Night -- End-of-the-Year player awards will be given away during a special pre-game ceremony. The Tribe's August Player of the Month and 2011 Most Valuable Player will also be recognized.
Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night -- Fans can enter a raffle to win a game worn jersey, awarded by Indians players and coaches immediately following the game. All jerseys worn in the contest will be part of the raffle.
Post-Game Fireworks Show -- The Indians will host a special fireworks show following the contest as fans can sit back, relax, and watch the Indians final home game of the season unwind with a spectacular display of fireworks shot off from center field.
Tickets for the final four contests of the 2011 season are available by going online at www.IndyIndians.com, and can also be purchased by calling 317-269-2282 or visiting the Victory Field Box Office at 501 West Maryland Street.
International League Stories from August 30, 2011
- G-Braves Lose Close One, Playoff Hopes Remain Alive - Gwinnett Braves
- Canzler Comes Through in the Clutch - Durham Bulls
- Humber and Pierzynski Join Knights on Rehab Assignments - Charlotte Knights
- Three Indians Named to Postseason All-Star Team - Indianapolis Indians
- Injured Niagara Co. Sheriff Deputy Allen Gerhardt to Throw First Pitch - Buffalo Bisons
- DBAP to Host 2012 Triple-A National Championship Game - Durham Bulls
- Indians Finish Final Homestand with a Bang - Indianapolis Indians
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Mesoraco & Cozart Named 2011 IL All-Stars - Louisville Bats
- Three Clippers Named to All-Star Team - Columbus Clippers
- Dayan Viciedo Elected to I.L. Post-Season All-Star Team - Charlotte Knights
- G-Brave Teheran Picks up Dual IL Honors - Gwinnett Braves
- Bisons Announce Plans for Annual Fan Appreciation Night - Buffalo Bisons
- Russ Canzler Named 2011 International League MVP - Durham Bulls
- International League Announces 2011 All-Stars & Award Winners - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.