Johnson Inks Two-Year Deal with the MonarchsAugust 4, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Manchester Monarchs Press Release
Johnson, 30, spent the 2010-11 season in Manchester where he appeared in 47 games and collected eight points (3-58). The 6-foot-1, 220-pound native of Anchorage, Alaska finished second on the Monarchs and 18th overall in the AHL with 186 penalty minutes last season.
Prior to joining the Monarchs in October of 2010, Johnson appeared in 190 games over five seasons (2005-10) with the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones, Utah Grizzlies, Idaho Steelheads and Alaska Aces while recording 43 career points (24-1943) and 669 penalty minutes. He collected a career-high in penalty minutes with the Aces during the 2009-10 season with 249 penalty minutes in 54 games. Johnson also played four seasons (2002-06) with the University of Alaska-Anchorage and registered 35 points (13-2235) and 147 penalty minutes in 143 games.
Manchester opens the 2011-12 season at the Verizon Wireless Arena on Friday, October 7 at 7:00 p.m. followed by their second game of the season on Saturday, October 8, also at home. Be among the first to secure your Opening Weekend seats through the Monarchs Opening Weekend Pack! Get two great seats for either the Opening Night game or Opening Saturday game as the Monarchs drop the puck on our 11th season in Manchester. In addition, you will receive four flex vouchers and a limited edition Opening Weekend puck (exclusive to this package). For more information, visit www.manchestermonarchs.com or call the Monarchs Front Office at (603) 626-7825.
American Hockey League Stories from August 4, 2011
- Johnson Inks Two-Year Deal with the Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins Invite All Kids to Race Their Bikes on the Cobblestones - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Texas Stars Announce Preseason Schedule - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce Preseason Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- Mark 'Big Sexy' Hayes to Serve as Celebrity Dog Walker at Canine Carnival - Syracuse Crunch
- Abbotsford Heat Name Luke Strand as Assistant - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester Sharks out for Blood August 19 - Worcester Sharks
- Blackhawks Draft Picks Shaw and Flick Sign with Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Tyler Anderson Named to U.S. National Developmental Sled Hockey Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sled Hockey Captain Named to 2011-12 U.S. National Developmental Sled Hockey Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Slaney Named Pirates Assistant Coach - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.