Coleman Activated; Perez ReleasedJuly 8, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Iowa Cubs
Coleman is 2-1 with a 3.90 ERA in five starts with Iowa this season and 2-4 with a 7.93 ERA in 11 games (nine starts) for Chicago. He has been called up for three different stints in the major leagues this season. Coleman's next start for Iowa is still to be determined.
Perez batted .238 with three home runs and 20 RBI in 73 games with Iowa this season. He leads the team with 17 stolen bases in 19 attempts. The Cubs acquired Perez along with RHP Matt Garza and minor league LHP Zach Rosscup from the Tampa Bay Rays in January in exchange for five players. Perez was a member of Chicago's 40-man roster.
The I-Cubs continue their series in New Orleans tonight at 7:00. Tonight's game will be broadcast live on AM 940 with the Safeco On-Deck Circle Pre-Game Show starting at 6:40.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 8, 2011
- Reno Drops 3-2 Decision To Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Three home runs in sixth give Sox 7-6 victory over Bees - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 'Topes sink Sounds - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Lose Again In Albuquerque, 7-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express Edged by Memphis 3-1 - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Take Fifth Straight Win, 4-3 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- RedHawks Walk off with Win Over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Blank I-Cubs for Second Straight Victory - New Orleans Zephyrs
- I-Cubs Blanked 4-0 in New Orleans - Iowa Cubs
- 'Topes' First Youth Skills Clinic Set for Tomorrow - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rangers Place Blanco on DL; Purchase Quintanilla - Round Rock Express
- Luis Martinez Recalled by San Diego Padres - Tucson Padres
- Coleman Activated; Perez Released - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes Vs. Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Shuck Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Rainiers edged by Reno, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- LeBlanc Quiets Fresno In 10-0 Shutout - Fresno Grizzlies
- Tucson blanks Fresno - Tucson Padres
- I-Cubs Fall on Walk-off HR in 10th Inning - Iowa Cubs
- Aces Fight Back For 4-3 Win Over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Keisler Keeps Isotopes Rolling In 5-1 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.