66ers Vaden Selected for 3-Point ContestJanuary 11, 2011 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Tulsa 66ers Press Release
The eight players competing in the Three-Point Contest will be Corey Allmond (Fort Wayne Mad Ants), Andre Ingram (Utah Flash), Marcus Landry (Reno Bighorns), Chris Lofton (Iowa Energy), Scottie Reynolds (Springfield Jam), Jamar Smith (Maine Red Claws), Robert Vaden (Tulsa 66ers) and Booker Woodfox (Texas Legends).
Vaden is 30-70 (.429) from behind the arc this season. That shooting percentage is eighth-best in the league.
The Slam Dunk Contest will be a two-round competition. The four players may complete two dunks in each round, with five judges each awarding between five and 10 points for every made dunk. The two dunkers with the highest composite score after the first round advance to the final round. The player with the highest composite score after the final round wins.
The Three-Point Contest will be a three-round competition, featuring several innovations, including a moveable 'Money Rack' consisting of all 'Money' balls and increased points awarded for shots made from deeper shooting spots.
From the field of eight contestants participating in Round 1, the four players with the highest scores will move on to Round 2. The two players with the highest scores in Round 2 will then compete in Round 3. The player with the highest score in Round 3 is the champion.
Each competition will air on VERSUS on Jan. 15 and Jan. 29.
While the Slam Dunk and Three-Point Contests are new additions to the NBA D-League Showcase, Tucker is competing as the league's reigning Slam Dunk champion after winning the Slam Dunk Contest as part of the 2010 NBA D-League All-Star festivities.
NBA Development League Stories from January 11, 2011
- Erie Edges Idaho at 2011 NBA D-League Showcase - D-League
- Stampede Drop First Showcase Contest - Idaho Stampede
- Red Claws Clip Thunderbirds at 2011 NBA D-League Showcase - D-League
- Edwards' 29 Not Enough as T-Birds Fall to Red Claw - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Armor Fends off Flash at 2011 NBA D-League Showcase - D-League
- 66ers Vaden Selected for 3-Point Contest - Tulsa 66ers
- Toros Tame Wizards at 2011 NBA D-League Showcase - D-League
- Chris Johnson to Compete in 2011 NBA D-League Slam Dunk Contest - Dakota Wizards
- Energy's Chris Lofton to Participate in 2011 NBA D-League Showcase Three-Point Contest - Iowa Energy
- Andre Ingram to Participate in 2011 NBA D-League Showcase Three-Point Contest - Utah Flash
- Tucker to Compete in D-League Showcase Dunk Contest - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Booker Woodfox to Compete in 2011 NBA D-League Three-Point Shooting Contest - Texas Legends
- 2011 NBA D-League Showcase Slam Dunk and Three-Point Contest Participants Announced - D-League
- Iowa Outlasts Utah at 2011 NBA D-League Showcase - Iowa Energy
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.